Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Hey Chas Trays owners... ?
AlohaStyle 11:01 PM 10-26-2009
Hey fellas (and Chas),

Just trying to figure out my strategy once my new Chas cedar trays come in... have you guys who already have some or just received theirs' for Vino's seasoned them? I'm assuming I would need to season them just like anything else, but I simply don't have the storage space to move all my sticks to take the time to season it properly. :-)

I know what I should do, but just complaining out loud...

Any thoughts would be appreciated! :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:13 AM 10-27-2009
I just wiped mine down inside and out with a damp paper towel and loaded them up. I put a pillow in each when I loaded them just in case they were still dry. :-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 04:34 AM 10-27-2009
So far most of the people report they load them up and everything is OK.

They are wiped out before leaving but its always a good idea to wipe them out again with distilled water. If you have trays with glass tops, put a hygrometer in one and check after 24 hours, if its too low, leave the tops off for several days until everything equalizes.

Like everything we do in this addiction there are lots of variables in play, but for the most part they are good to go.

Chas
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 02:09 PM 10-27-2009
Great question

I am going to stick a 1/2 lb bag of beads in each tray and put a hygrometer in one of the trays to monitor the temp/RH with the glass tops on

Will post pics once they arrive

Bart
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 02:48 PM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
So far most of the people report they load them up and everything is OK.

Chas

Sweet, that's what I wanted to hear!!! :-)

Thanks guys
[Reply]
G G 04:16 PM 10-27-2009
I don't think i did anything but load em down and put em in. No probs for me.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:16 PM 10-27-2009
no season for me either.. .but i use a cigar oasis so you can imagine the process sped itself up once they were put in!
[Reply]
Prospector 09:51 PM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I don't think i did anything but load em down and put em in. No probs for me.
Same here - just load and put 'em in, with no problems.
[Reply]
Up