Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Dannemann artist line HBPR
Don Fernando 07:06 AM 12-14-2008
This Danneman artist line HBPR was advised to me by Hartman cigars, a local Amsterdam cigarshop. It is a 5 x 50 Nicaraguan puro with a light colored wrapper with some small veins and a light aroma. The band is quite simple but tasteful.

I can taste some wood, but it is very mild. After about half an inch there is a mild leather flavor which grows slowly in strength but it keeps mild. After a while it becomes a bit sweet and also a bit creamy. At 2/3rd of the cigar there is a mild and light chocolate flavor, again a bit creamy with a light sniff of white pepper. Closer to the end the creamy chocolate disappears and it’s wood and white pepper.

All the flavors are ‘a bit’ or ‘a little’ and that is a shame. Flavorwise it is a good cigar, but the flavors are just too mild for me. Construction wise, flavor wise, draw wise, burn wise I can’t say anything bad about this cigar, except that it is way too mild for my taste.

Would I buy this cigar again? Maybe, it is a very nice cigar but a little on the light side

Construction: 14 / 20
Draw: 14 / 20
Appearance: 14 / 20
Smoke && ash: 6 / 10
Burn: 14 / 20
Aroma (foot) 7 / 10
Aroma (body) 8 / 10
Aroma (head) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:17 AM 12-14-2008
Never heard of that kind of cigar brand but thanks for sharing Ferdinand...
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:22 AM 12-14-2008
neither did I Bao, but the B&M guy said I would probably like it as I told him that I like Nicaraguan tobacco.
[Reply]
Up