Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nub 466 habanos
Don Fernando 12:06 PM 12-10-2008
A lot has been said about the nubs, some love them, others call them a hype, well, I smoked one now, the Habanos version and I think I am the second category, I don’t dislike the nub but it isn’t what it’s supposed to be when you believe the (sales) stories.

Yes, it looks funny, short, fat, a bit like me, the name 466 refers to the size of 4 inch and the 66 ring. The wrapper is nice and clean, a bit oily. The predraw is just fine and the cigar has an aroma of dry hay.

I could taste some coffee with a bit leather, not really good though. After about half an inch I could taste the typical Oliva flavor and the coffee disappeared. After an inch the Oliva flavor goes away and I could taste a nutty flavor. The nutty flavor is consistent and only grows a bit in strength.

I can only say great things about the smoke, the smoke is awesome. The ash is quite firm and right before I want to re-act the famous “look at this cigar standing on its ashes” it broke off all over my shirt (again).

This short cigar is good for 75 minutes of smoking and is strong enough to feed me some vitamin N. The burn was just a little off, but I won’t hold it against this cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? Don’t think so, or maybe as a ‘look what I got’ cigar when I go somewhere with less informed botl’s

Construction: 14 / 20
Draw: 14 / 20
Appearance: 14 / 20
Smoke && ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 20
Aroma (foot) 6 / 10
Aroma (body) 7 / 10
Aroma (head) 7 /10
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:07 PM 12-10-2008
thanks for sharing Ferdinand..:-)
[Reply]