Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Verocu #9
boonedoggle 01:03 PM 12-08-2008
APPEARANCE: The first thing I thought when I rolled it my fingers was this looks like a long Nub cigar. The dark, oily wrapper looks like it’s bigger brother.

PRE-LIGHT AROMA/ BOUQUET: STRONG raison aroma with hints of toffee. Very alluring.

SMOKE (volume, color, aroma): Crisp white smoke. Pretty good volume, and smelled really rich.

BURN: Sizzling straight throughout.

ASH: Beautiful white ash.

DRAW: Slightly tight initially.

FLAVOR 1/3: That raison aroma did not fail in the taste. I do not think I’ve ever had a cigar this pronounced with any particular fruit flavor. Very nice.

FINISH/AFTERTASTE 1/3: Nice finish on the pallet. Was kind of dry, but smooth.

FLAVOR 2/3: The raison taste began slowly fading at this point. Still there, but was being replaced with a short cocoa taste.

FINISH/AFTERTASTE 2/3: A hint of spice right around this point. Cocoa and toffee flavors are beginning to emerge.

FLAVOR 3/3: Very enjoyable at this point. The flavors seem to be really balanced and rich.

FINISH/AFTERTASTE 3/3: Nicotine build-up began turning her slightly bitter just past the band. I am not a nubber of these types of cigar, just for that reason.

SUMMARY: The dynamic flavors of this Tat just scream Nicaragua puro. This is one of my leading cigars from that county. Very very good cigar. Get a box before the price goes up!

[Reply]
awsmith4 01:17 PM 12-08-2008
Thanks for the review, I've been wondering about these :-)
[Reply]
jitzy 01:40 PM 12-08-2008
excellent, I picked up a box but haven't lit one up yet
[Reply]
KidRock 02:16 PM 12-08-2008
Is this the new one from Holts?
[Reply]
Cigarcop 02:27 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by KidRock:
Is this the new one from Holts?
Yepper:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:35 PM 12-08-2008
Very nice review!!! Very honest!!!

Thanks Jimmy!!!
:-)
[Reply]
boonedoggle 02:43 PM 12-08-2008
I find these to be more flavorful that the other Verocu. I didn't think that was even possible. Smoking another right now just to make sure!
[Reply]
dentonparrots 04:32 PM 12-08-2008
Nice review, thanks.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:48 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by boonedoggle:
I find these to be more flavorful that the other Verocu.
That's what I thought too, Jimmy! :-)
[Reply]
Up