Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>601 Maduro torpedo
borndead1 12:31 PM 12-04-2008
My favorite 601. Wish they were a little less cost-prohibitive. Pre-light draw tastes like chocolate cake (I'm not kidding). Nice unsweetened cocoa flavor that takes on a creamy aftertaste as the cigar burns. Also, an odd spice flavor that I can't pin down comes and goes throughout the entire smoke. Missing is the sweet flavor that usually comes with a maddie. Not a bad thing, just different. Construction, of course, is absolutely perfect. *Side note* I have yet to smoke ANY Pepin cigar that wasn't perfectly constructed.

But yeah, I love these, man. I may spring for a box if I win a scratch off lottery ticket or find some money laying in the street. :-)

EDIT: The "odd spice flavor"...I nailed it. It's marijuana! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Fumador 01:01 PM 12-04-2008
I love all 601's. I got the 16 for $45 October sampler from CI. I tried to get another one but they were sold out when I tried. I was heart broken.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:21 PM 12-04-2008
I'm glad I read this review!

I do not taste the sweetness in these and therefore attributed it to not being very good! You are right the sweet is not present and that makes it unique! Not bad!

I do however enjoy the red and green 601 more!!!
[Reply]
duckmanco 07:03 PM 12-04-2008
not a shill for this site, but these get MUCH cheaper by the box when you join the cigarclub at the partysource.com and get that member pricing. I just did it on a box of the 601BP maduro robustos.
[Reply]
MithShrike 11:29 AM 12-05-2008
I've not yet tried the maduro...
[Reply]
maddman 03:24 PM 12-12-2008
this is one of my favorites from 601's line up
[Reply]
sofaman 04:21 PM 12-12-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I'm glad I read this review!

I do not taste the sweetness in these and therefore attributed it to not being very good! You are right the sweet is not present and that makes it unique! Not bad!

I do however enjoy the red and green 601 more!!!
I enjoy the entire 601 line but the Red and green are my favorites:-)
[Reply]
Up