Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Noob Review: Reserva Miraflor
jbonnefsc 09:05 PM 12-03-2008
So I was gifted one of these at the EYH (Epic Ybor Herf) and finally got a chance to light it up. I took a break tonight, hoping it wouldn't disappoint, and excited about not thinking about my research paper for a while.

This is my first Legit review, please bear with me...

Prelight: I'm honestly a bit worried. Smells much more powerful than i usually like, but I'm gonna give it a shot. Drinking a hot thermos of Earl Grey, hoping the tastes complement. Looks Beautiful.

Lighting: I'm terrified. The pepper is pretty strong, but the flavor is incredible. Heavy, but one of the better black peppers I've had.

The ash lasted for about 1.5 inches, which was great. I'm having some troubles with the burn, but nothing that was too severe. One touch up put her back on course. It is a bit windy outside tonight, maybe that is the cause.

This is where something wierd happens. I set her down for a minute, and pick it back up. The flavor changed. totally. Like a full 180. It went from a bit spicy to a creamy, earthy, leather. Incredible!!! This is really an amazing cigar, and i also tasted something slightly in the background, perhaps orange peels?

Nubbed it.

Overall: I give it a "highly recommended." I use a rating system that ranges from 1 (bad) to 5 (good). Highly recommended is a 4. (I've only ever given out three 5's)

Very flavorful, with amazing draw and life.

Some minor burn issues, and that was it. If you haven't tried these yet, you need to give them a shot!
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:08 PM 12-03-2008
Nice review and pics! They are good cigars :-)
[Reply]
GKitty 09:26 PM 12-03-2008
Great review!!
[Reply]
imthegoal 09:26 AM 12-04-2008
Nice review. And another rave review for these smokes. I havent heard anyone have anything bad to say about these things yet.
[Reply]
Up