Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Riqueza #5
MNSmoker 07:19 PM 10-30-2008
This evening I decided to light up the La Riqueza No. 5. This cigar is a 4 3/8 X 42 Petit Corona. The construction of this cigar was perfect. It has a very dark natural Connecticut broadleaf wrapper. This cigar was slightly box pressed and had a beautiful triple cap.

The draw on this cigar was just a tad loose, and produced a lot of smoke. I had to slowly sip this cigar to prevent it from getting hot. The burn was razor sharp and did not require any touchups.

This cigar started out a little spicy, but soon mellowed into a nice creamy smoke. At times I could taste a fruitiness, and this cigar developed a complexity that is above my lackluster pallet.

This was a fantastic smoke that took me just about an hour to finish. I don’t know if I could justify buying a box of these based on their price point, but they are definitely worth keeping at least a couple in the humi.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 10:02 PM 10-30-2008
thanks for the review :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:24 AM 10-31-2008
I just bought my first one of these last night... gonna let it rest a bit. But you have tempted me to smoke it sooner... :-)

Thx for the review!
[Reply]
MNSmoker 08:55 PM 12-02-2008
I had an hour to kill this evening before the Gophers/Virginia BB game, so I decided to fire one of these up again. I enjoy these as a quick smoke. They're medium in strength and have a great flavor. This cigar shows many subtle changes. I'm excited to see how these develop with a year or two of rest.
[Reply]
white_s2k 08:58 PM 12-02-2008
Thanks for the review, I've been eyeing these.
[Reply]
Up