Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The West Coast Beer Thread
Darrell 08:55 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by bigliver:
Picked up a six pack of Anchor Steam Summer Ale from the BevMo up the road today. I know it's December, but I needed a break from all the heavy winter brews. This beer really gets better after sitting for a few months, and it's been a very nice change in course.
You pick that up after you left my office?
[Reply]
bigliver 09:11 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
You pick that up after you left my office?

Yep, took a trip over to Salinas today.
[Reply]
Mark C 09:12 AM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I enjoy anything from Rogue or Stone. :-)
:-) I'm fortunate to have a few good liquor stores nearby that stock most of the brews from these two. I've got some Rogue Mocha Porter and a Christmas Ale in the fridge now, and the last Stone I had was the Bitter Chocolate Stout. Might need to pick up another one of those stouts, it was fantastic.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:24 AM 12-30-2008
PLINY THE ELDER!!!

Russian River Brewing Co.: http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/

My recent fave; find it if you can.

A bar in Redondo Beach occasionally has this on tap and I've picked up a couple bottles at a liquor store in Culver City/Marina del Rey.

Awesome, awesome stuff. A double IPA.
[Reply]
Heatmiser 11:37 AM 12-30-2008
Absolutely love the Stone Smoked Porter. Mmmm, mmmm good!
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:07 AM 01-07-2009
Sierra Nevada just released their Early Spring Beer (ESB)!!! Should be in stores soon!
[Reply]
goatfarmer 12:22 AM 01-07-2009
Anchor steam selections, Sierra Nevada, and Red Tail are among a few North West beers I can get into, I will have to keep a watch for the Sierra early edition. :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 08:24 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Sierra Nevada just released their Early Spring Beer (ESB)!!! Should be in stores soon!
I'm ready. I just hope it doesn't disappoint like last years Celebration did.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:27 PM 01-07-2009
I thought ESB stood for extra special bitter?
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:38 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
PLINY THE ELDER!!!

Russian River Brewing Co.: http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/

My recent fave; find it if you can.

A bar in Redondo Beach occasionally has this on tap and I've picked up a couple bottles at a liquor store in Culver City/Marina del Rey.

Awesome, awesome stuff. A double IPA.
Have you tried the younger? I live the Elder, but really want to try the younger sometime.

Having a Green Flash Hop Head Red right now. Great beer.
[Reply]
bigliver 08:10 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Normally so, but not in this case.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:30 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Normally so, but not in this case.
So right!!! This stuff is yummy with some hoppy notes!!!:-)
[Reply]
Drat 11:33 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
[size="7"]Russian River Brewing Co.: http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/
They regularly rate as one of the best breweries in the US. I can't find it anywhere out here though...

Since I'm from CA, I have a lot of favorites out there, but here's a short list:

Sierra Nevada is the readily available standby. Visit their brewery and have the "every beer they make" sampler. Just get a cab back to your hotel.

Mirror Pond (oregon) is one of the best pale ales I have ever had

Alcatraz brewpub in Orange CA has finally perfected their IPA. Worth a visit if you're driving the 5.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:35 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Drat:

Sierra Nevada is the readily available standby. Visit their brewery and have the "every beer they make" sampler. Just get a cab back to your hotel (or home)
:-)
[Reply]
Drat 02:10 PM 01-08-2009
Sierra Nevada is the readily available standby. Visit their brewery and have the "every beer they make" sampler. Just get a cab back to your hotel (or home)
Had a work-paid trip to Chico a few years back. Some damn good bars in that college town! And you can't beat eating at the brewery for free....
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:13 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Drat:
Had a work-paid trip to Chico a few years back. Some damn good bars in that college town! And you can't beat eating at the brewery for free....
You can say that again!!!

I have a couple of SN gift cards from Christmas that I plan on using soon!!!

[Reply]
bigliver 02:13 PM 01-09-2009
I'm officially done with Celebration Ale...back to SN Pale Ale for the weekend. I'll probably pick up a couple of six's of Red Rocket Ale from Bear Republic and maybe some Red Seal Ale from North Coast to restock the fridge in the bunker as well. What's everyone else having this weekend?
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:29 PM 01-09-2009
I'm officially done with Celebration Ale...back to SN Pale Ale for the weekend. I'll probably pick up a couple of six's of Red Rocket Ale from Bear Republic and maybe some Red Seal Ale from North Coast to restock the fridge in the bunker as well. What's everyone else having this weekend?
Have you had the North Coast Old Stock?
[Reply]
bigliver 08:59 PM 01-09-2009
Have you had the North Coast Old Stock?
I have. It's not bad, but the alcohol taste kind of does it in for me. The malt flavors on the front are great, but when I feel like I just did a shot afterwards, I get a little turned off. That's just my :-) anyway.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:55 AM 01-11-2009
I have. It's not bad, but the alcohol taste kind of does it in for me. The malt flavors on the front are great, but when I feel like I just did a shot afterwards, I get a little turned off. That's just my :-) anyway.
It seems to go good with cigars!!! At least it does for me!!!

Heck, everything seems to go good with cigars!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up