Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Sam Adams Chocolate Bock
MikeyC 12:04 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by okbrewer:
Actually 8 or 10 of us pitched in and bought the Utopias for a tasting, each getting a few ounces in a snifter. It was good! I'm glad I got to taste it, but I wouldn't spend that much for a bottle myself.
As for the Chocolate Bock, if it is as good as I've heard, I would probably buy more at $14.99. I pay that for a bottle of wine, and I like beer more than I do wine!

Bob R in OKC
I had some Chocolate Bock on Friday. It was pretty smokey at first, but if you let it breath for a bit it becomes QUITE chocolate-y.

Each Utopias release is a little different from what I understand. I've only sampled the 2007 release but I know the alcohol content of Utopias has steadily climbed every time it is released. So, I would assume the flavors changes as well. I can say I once sampled some Millenium Ale which is basically the daddy of Utopias and it has a VERY different flavor profile than Utopias.
[Reply]
cvm4 06:19 PM 11-23-2008
I'd buy it if I saw it at the $15 price point.
[Reply]
TRicker 06:21 PM 11-23-2008
I just did yesterday for 15.99. I found a chocolate stout I liked and figured I would give this a go.
[Reply]
nozero 12:17 PM 11-26-2008
Majesic Newsletter 11/26/08 (Fort Worth, TX)
Beer of the Week Samuel Adams

Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock

Dark mahogany hue. Cocoa and roasted malt aromas follow through on an utterly smooth and chocolatey palate that never turns sweet and finishes with a lingering malt aftertaste. One of the best combinations of malt and chocolate we have seen.

Limited quantities

Reg: 14.99 (the email didn't show the sale price)
Size 750ml
[Reply]
Drat 12:27 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by okbrewer:
Actually 8 or 10 of us pitched in and bought the Utopias for a tasting, each getting a few ounces in a snifter. It was good! I'm glad I got to taste it, but I wouldn't spend that much for a bottle myself.
As for the Chocolate Bock, if it is as good as I've heard, I would probably buy more at $14.99. I pay that for a bottle of wine, and I like beer more than I do wine!

Bob R in OKC
I'm the same way. I have a bottle that I paid $14.99 for at home but will likely buy 2 more on the way home tonight to bring with me to the inlaws.
[Reply]
boonedoggle 02:26 PM 05-20-2009
Just picked up a bottle at the base exchange at Shaw AFB yesterday. $7.95. Crap...I should have picked up a few.:-)
[Reply]
yellowgoat 03:49 PM 05-21-2009
Sams wine here in chicago has it for 14.99. Why $60? :-)
Samswine
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up