Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What's Your Favorite Cheap Beer?
kaisersozei 09:30 AM 10-23-2008
My "yardbeer" is Icehouse.

We drank a ton of Hamm's in college waaaaaaaaaaaay back when. At $4/case, you couldn't beat it. Unfortunately, it's not produced any longer. :-)
[Reply]
cricky101 10:00 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:
Yuengling
PBR
Colt 45, sometimes you need to get drunk and change for a 5.
That is freakin' hilarious!

Originally Posted by Gophernut:
Nothing wrong with an OCCASIONAL Green Death. Otherwise my digestive tract goes awry.
Now, Summit Extra Pale Ale, can be consumed whenever, wherever and often!
I completely agree. Had a couple pints last night, in fact.
[Reply]
lenguamor 05:29 PM 10-23-2008

A guilty pleasure.

:-)
[Reply]
cricky101 06:27 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:

We drank a ton of Hamm's in college waaaaaaaaaaaay back when. At $4/case, you couldn't beat it. Unfortunately, it's not produced any longer. :-)
:-) Saw Hamm's and Hamm's light at a nearby liquor store tonight.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 06:53 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by funnymantrip:
In 1975 the Miller brewing company came out with the first light beer, Miller Lite, took the world by storm.
Unfortunately this is wrong.

The first light beer was made by Joe Owades at the Rheingold brewery in Brooklyn New York in 1967. Rheingold, in a stroke of advertising genius, called the light beer Gablingers Diet beer. As you might surmise, this was not a great market success.

A colleague at Peter Hand brewery (Meisterbrau) in Chicago asked Owades for the forumation for the low calorie beer and he provided it ... back then regional breweries did not compete with one another.

Meisterbrau entered the market with a light beer called Meisterbrau lite around 1969.

Around this time, Miller was purchased by Philip Morris. Phillip Morris wanted to introduce new products into their new brewing company and looked around. They decided to buy the light beer formulation from Meisterbrau in 1971. They reinvented the reinvented beer as Lite beer from Miller around 1975, approximately 8 years after Rheingold had brought the first low calorie beer into the world.

Interestingly, Dr Owades also formulated recipes for Sam Adams Boston Lager, Pete's Wicked, Foggy Bottom and many other craft brew beers. He introduced dry hopping and krausening into American brewing operations. He was truly a visionary and a nice man (met him once in the early 90s), so I am obligated to set the record straight about light beer.
[Reply]
Boobar 02:23 PM 10-24-2008
Miller Lite and Keystone Light
[Reply]
Gophernut 10:35 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by cricky101:
:-) Saw Hamm's and Hamm's light at a nearby liquor store tonight.
It's not distributed nationally anymore.:-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 10:40 AM 10-26-2008
Miller Lite
[Reply]
Rockestone 11:08 AM 10-26-2008

:-)
Attached:
[Reply]
scoot 11:05 PM 10-26-2008
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:34 PM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:
Yuengling
PBR
Colt 45, sometimes you need to get drunk and change for a 5.
FINALLY... some love for a guilty pleasure:
Pabst Blue Ribbon (I am so ashamed... :-) ) :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:58 AM 10-27-2008
Narragansett, PBR, and Busch. In college, lots of Genesse Cream Ale.
I can't even look at the stuff now.
[Reply]
icantbejon 04:02 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
yuengling
:-):-):-)

But more importantly, what do you consider cheap beer?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:56 AM 10-27-2008
Sagres from Portugal
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:23 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
But more importantly, what do you consider cheap beer?
Good point. Let's say under a buck a beer.

Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Yup, I like this for hot summer days.
[Reply]
Celt 12:13 PM 10-27-2008
My usual beer when i am just consuming to be consuming its Rolling Rock!

But my favorite beer when I want to sit and really enjoy a beer it is without question Guinness, mmmmmm nothing like a good Irish beer malt!

Also something that I really enjoy that a friend of mine from Texas introduced me to, Shiner Boch! Very well made micro brew from Texas.

Mmm now i want a beer!
[Reply]
Magma 02:49 AM 10-31-2008
now it's the new primo. i had a few about 2 weeks ago, tastes almost like red stripe just sweeter, or blue moon without the citrus. dunno about the alky content but it tastes better than corona.
[Reply]
TripleF 05:11 AM 10-31-2008
The Champagne of Beers - Miller :-)
[Reply]
pnutbutrsangwich 07:21 AM 10-31-2008
I may appear a beer snob on the outside, but my drinking is true feast or famine. I'll either go to the bar and drink a $20 bomber of some crazy Belgian or rare American craft brew, or spend $20 on 15 PBRs and drink em like the drunkest, hippest, hippster there is!

Old English and Steel Reserve are good for nights "on the porch" with my friends. :-)
[Reply]
Silound 04:10 PM 11-22-2008
If I'm absolutely broke, I'll do Miller Lite or Bud Select. I'd have to be broke, in debt, and crazy though.

Typically, the cheapest stuff I'll drink runs between 8-15 a sixer; occasionally I'll delve into the 12 a bottle stuff though.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up