Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Like Patron silver? Try Hacienda Tequila!
e-man67 12:19 PM 03-15-2009
I do love Patron silver straight up and if you do then you need to try Hacienda. It comes from a different cacti but it is very similar and much much better IMO then Patron.....smooth...and the best part is it is HALF the price! Please do yourself a favor and try this. This is not a shooter but a sipper! Is the perfect company to a Tatuije red label. Report back!
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 01:53 PM 03-15-2009
Thanks for the heads up,I'm going to get a bottle next Friday.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 03:48 PM 03-15-2009
Agave is not a cactus, its a lotus flower family. And how's this one made from a "different cacti", if only blue agave is used for premium stuff?

Per info:

The Banuelos Family, one of the most important families of Arandas who have been involved in the tradition of Agave and Tequila business for many years. "Tequila Hacienda Vieja" is made using only select blue agave from the families fields and produced in the original factory owned by the Banuelos family.

I see good reviews on the prodcut, will give it a try.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:26 AM 03-16-2009
Hacienda is a known brand in Mexico. There aren't many ultra-premium brands of Tequila that aren't good at minimum. Like hi-end Vodka; they're all good, but which one comes down to personal preference and nit-picking.
[Reply]
Langod 10:42 AM 03-16-2009
Another excellent "better-than-Patron-and-cheaper" tequila I've found is Casa Noble. Usually about $40 compared to Patron's $60. Of course there are LOTS of Tequilas that are better and cheaper than Patron. (Tenoch, Don Julio, Lapis...)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:04 PM 03-16-2009
Tequilas are way over priced on Right Coast. You can easily find Patron at $40 here in Bay Area, not that I am looking. Been drinking Cazadores ($30 for a liter bottle) for some time now and a few small production houses as well, Partida in particular.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:26 PM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Langod:
Another excellent "better-than-Patron-and-cheaper" tequila I've found is Casa Noble. Usually about $40 compared to Patron's $60. Of course there are LOTS of Tequilas that are better and cheaper than Patron. (Tenoch, Don Julio, Lapis...)
Is Casa Noble cheaper? If so than it's a no brainer which one. Even at more money, there's little to compare Casa Noble to Patron... Casa Noble is in a different league altogether. I have a bottle of reposado and it's amazing!
[Reply]
TheRiddick 02:19 PM 03-16-2009
http://www.napacabs.com/Casa-Noble-R...0ml-P3619.aspx
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:13 AM 03-17-2009
Actually, I have the Casa Noble Blanco, not Reposado... Just as high quality and highly recommended!
[Reply]
e-man67 09:35 AM 03-17-2009
I gotta check those out! Thanks guys! :-)
[Reply]
Langod 10:18 AM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Actually, I have the Casa Noble Blanco, not Reposado... Just as high quality and highly recommended!
I currently have a bottle of each. Both are better than their respective Patron counterparts.

The biggest problem with Patron is not that it's a bad tequila -- it's not -- it's simply that it has become the "in" brand amongst the image crowd. Ten years ago, it was a reasonably priced "good" tequila. Now with its popularity, it's a $30 product with a $60 label.....
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:59 AM 03-17-2009
What Cabo? Any fans? Do not see it available much in Mexico.

I do like their Reposado. I wish my Costco stocked again. Lots of agave flavor. Too much agave may be a downside to some. Been a while since I had it and would love to try it side-by-side with some other big names.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:58 PM 03-17-2009
Cabo is not really a "Mexican" brand, created by a USA rocker and sold here on his name alone. Not that its not a great product, but people in Mexico do not "relate" to it. I think he used Costco to build the name, now that it is in wide distribution, he doesn't need Costco to ramp up sales.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:44 PM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Cabo is not really a "Mexican" brand, created by a USA rocker and sold here on his name alone. Not that its not a great product, but people in Mexico do not "relate" to it. I think he used Costco to build the name, now that it is in wide distribution, he doesn't need Costco to ramp up sales.
Did not know that they used Costco as part of their distro model. I wonder if Cabo is produced by a company that makes other brands too?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:47 PM 03-17-2009
Where are people paying less for Don Julio than Patron? Patron is around $40 a bottle and Don Julio is over $50, but then again I do enjoy them both. Patron is cheaper than most of the "high end" tequillas by me, not even kept under lock and key like some other brands. :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 09:47 PM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Did not know that they used Costco as part of their distro model. I wonder if Cabo is produced by a company that makes other brands too?
Never checked, although I would not be surprised. Will do some digging.

Cabo was one of the mainstays at Costco here on the Left Coast for a few years.
[Reply]
Heatmiser 10:55 PM 03-17-2009
Patron is a decent silver but there are many more that are much better:

El Tesoro (my favorite)
Don Julio (pretty good and easily found)
Don Fulano
Casa Noble
Los Abuelos
Fina Estampa
Herencia de Plata

Patron's Silver is pretty good but you are paying for the marketing...

BTW - their reposado and anejo are not good IMO
[Reply]
TheRiddick 02:18 PM 03-18-2009
Just got back from local Costco. Cabo Wabo seems to be made for Hagger by some outfit, not that there is anything wrong with that, but that underscores that Cabo has no "relationship" to Mexican tequila drinkers (unless they are into his music).

Don Julio Silver, $30 per bottle. Patron Silver, $80 per 1.75 LITER bottle. Cazadores, $30 per bottle. Patron 3 pack (one each) is $101.

For those into spicy tequilas try Milagro and better yet, Corrallejo (been drinking that since mid '90s).
[Reply]
forgop 02:22 PM 03-18-2009
I find the silver to be harsh. I'm more of a fan of the anejo tequilas. I've had Don Julio and Patron with my favorite being the Patron (which I can find on sale at Meijer for $45). Would certainly like to find a cheaper brand in the anejo variety.
[Reply]
jwintosh 02:27 PM 03-18-2009
cazadores is the shitz for margaritas. i like the don julio anejo for shooters!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up