Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Chasidor Drawer question
nater 10:07 AM 03-18-2010
All,

I have my edgestar 28 bottle unit, and I am about to order drawers for it, but what is the current thoughts on glass top vs vented bottom? Do the glass top drawers need their own beads? Just trying to make the final choice before pulling the trigger.
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 10:24 AM 03-18-2010
I have the solid bottom drawers with the glass top......I feel the glass prevents less swings in the RH and temp than un-covered drawers

It all depends how often you will be opening/closing the humi

Beads are not necessary in the drawers themselves but are a nice touch if you have room

Chuck is great!

Bart
[Reply]
daboose 10:42 AM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by Bartolomeo:
I have the solid bottom drawers with the glass top......I feel the glass prevents less swings in the RH and temp than un-covered drawers

It all depends how often you will be opening/closing the humi

Beads are not necessary in the drawers themselves but are a nice touch if you have room

Chuck is great!

Bart
I'm full agreement with Bart. My trays and drawers have glass tops and no slots. They are like little humidors within a larger one.

I've placed beads in each for that extra buffer.

When I added a squirrel fan on the back wall, I had to remove the trays/drawers. It took me about 30 minutes to do the work, and the RH and temperature in the trays/drawers hardly moved while sitting outside the cooler.

Chasidor rocks! :-)
[Reply]
captain53 04:56 PM 03-18-2010
All cedar without glass for me. I have them or my Edgestar and could not be happier with the performance.
[Reply]
ChasDen 05:12 PM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by nater:
All,

I have my edgestar 28 bottle unit, and I am about to order drawers for it, but what is the current thoughts on glass top vs vented bottom? Do the glass top drawers need their own beads? Just trying to make the final choice before pulling the trigger.
I offer them both ways for just the reasons you are about to find out :-)

Everyone's situation is different. In my case I designed the first trays with tops because I saw big swings in my unit when it cycled. Are the tops necessary even in the most extreme cases, NO! For years people have been storing their cigars in coolers without a tray with a top. IF you have large sudden swings in the Rh will the tops help buffer the effects, YOU BET!

So it depends on the situation. There are tons of threads here and other forums about people battling their RH highs and lows and for every one having trouble, there is a guy sitting there going, Mine is rock solid 24/7.

Chas
[Reply]
1badhog07 07:47 AM 03-19-2010
i too have the edgestar 28 and bought the glass tops on mine,they are beautiful,chuck does some awesome work and you wont be disappointed,
[Reply]
shilala 08:02 AM 03-19-2010
I have always been on the fence with this, and never gave it much thought till now.
I even watched Chuck do all the swinging RH temp tests with enthusiasm.
Never really understood the benefit.
I battle massive rh swings in my big display humi. Those swings DEFINATELY affect the cigars. The fast up and down rises blow out wrappers. That's a painful fact. The swings won't wreck less expensive, thick wrappers. Just real thin, delicate, expensive ones.
If I was getting drawers, I would DEFINATELY opt for glass tops. Chas is a glass man, and he's super anal, so they have to be perfect. They'd suit me to death, I'm sure.
[Reply]
nater 08:04 AM 03-19-2010
Pulled the trigger and got 3 shelves, 2 double trays with glass tops and 1 single tray with a glass top...
[Reply]
irklak 09:21 AM 03-19-2010
I ordered 2 doubles and 3 singles with solid bottoms and glass tops.

I look at it as the best way to insure the humidity stays stable when the door is opened or the RH swings at all. Just extra security personally.

Can't wait to get them! He does amazing work.
[Reply]
captain53 04:52 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by irklak:
I ordered 2 doubles and 3 singles with solid bottoms and glass tops.

I look at it as the best way to insure the humidity stays stable when the door is opened or the RH swings at all. Just extra security personally.

Can't wait to get them! He does amazing work.
You will be even happier than you think when they get there.:-)
[Reply]
irklak 10:11 AM 03-20-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
You will be even happier than you think when they get there.:-)
I know I will! I got Zebrawood.... I think it shall be quite nice.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 09:46 AM 03-30-2010
I have the glass tops with the solid bottoms, i have been having some swings here in Florida with the weather changing so much. But i think the glass helps, i have a hygrometer in every other drawer and it stays pretty consistent.

Let me tell you Chas makes some bad ass stuff, i cant tell you how many people were man that looks sweet, or man that is incredible, and the quality of work he did for you.

The only thing that i suggest, and i wish i had done was if you estimate that you will need 4 drawers order 5 or 6, trust me. I have 2 large and 2 small and wish i would have gotten 1 more large and 1 more small. The smalls are great for go to smokes, and the large are great for storing for longer term. Just my 2 cents worth...

I will post some pics, the pics don't even show the the kinda of quality Chas puts into these. And if you are wondering, yes i have a Nub drawer, Nub is one of my favorite brands out, there, the man behind is a great guy and he makes darn good cigars...Again my 2 cents...:-)

Thanks again Chas....:-)

Dan
Attached: photo.jpg (62.9 KB) photo 2.jpg (54.6 KB) photo 4.jpg (62.1 KB) photo 5.jpg (59.2 KB) 
[Reply]
shilala 10:19 AM 03-30-2010
That thing looks absolutely gorgeous, my brother. :-)
Congratulations!!!
[Reply]
Giants85 05:09 PM 03-30-2010
Originally Posted by nofeardiver:
I have the glass tops with the solid bottoms, i have been having some swings here in Florida with the weather changing so much. But i think the glass helps, i have a hygrometer in every other drawer and it stays pretty consistent.

Let me tell you Chas makes some bad ass stuff, i cant tell you how many people were man that looks sweet, or man that is incredible, and the quality of work he did for you.

The only thing that i suggest, and i wish i had done was if you estimate that you will need 4 drawers order 5 or 6, trust me. I have 2 large and 2 small and wish i would have gotten 1 more large and 1 more small. The smalls are great for go to smokes, and the large are great for storing for longer term. Just my 2 cents worth...

I will post some pics, the pics don't even show the the kinda of quality Chas puts into these. And if you are wondering, yes i have a Nub drawer, Nub is one of my favorite brands out, there, the man behind is a great guy and he makes darn good cigars...Again my 2 cents...:-)

Thanks again Chas....:-)

Dan
Looks great, what color stain is that, dark walnut?
[Reply]
nofeardiver 08:25 PM 03-30-2010
i think was mahagony, excuse me if i butcherd that, sorry yeah red mahagony, i went and looked.
[Reply]
0002S 06:58 PM 04-01-2010
has ChasDen been away from the board lately ?
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 07:31 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:
has ChasDen been away from the board lately ?
According to his profile page...

Originally Posted by :
Last Activity: 03-27-2010 11:38 PM

[Reply]
0002S 09:19 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
According to his profile page...
Thanks
[Reply]
0002S 05:32 AM 04-07-2010
Chuck:

Can you let me know when you are going to ship or where my order is at? 3/7 communication said you were held up for 2 days. Sorry for putting this in a thread, but PMs may not be getting to you.

(Paid 2/5, PM with shipping question 3/7 (responded), PM 3/27 (no response, asking same question as 3/7)

If you're more than 60 days back ordered , just let me know when you expect to ship.

thnks

shawn
[Reply]
bonjing 03:19 PM 04-07-2010
this is from his home page

chasden "at" chasidor.com
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up