Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Got ahold of my first Ronson
etznova 09:47 PM 02-22-2010
Today i found that the CVS stores in my area stock the Jetlites so i bought all three that they had at the moment. And i must say i see what all the hype is about they are very well constructed especially for the 4.29 that it cost me.:-):-)

I also have a set of four that i ordered on amazon coming this week so i should be good for awhile if i lose one or two. So no more looking for a match when i want to :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:47 PM 02-22-2010
I'm sure you'll enjoy em. They are excellent lighters for the money!
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:50 PM 02-22-2010
It's all I use. $2.97 at Wal*Mart here.
[Reply]
Rob. 11:38 AM 02-23-2010
I have one, and it just quit on me. No matter what I do I cant get it back the way it was. I purged and refilled, now all I get is a quick flame then just straight butane. Time for a new one I guess.
[Reply]
Razorhog 11:48 AM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by Rob.:
I have one, and it just quit on me. No matter what I do I cant get it back the way it was. I purged and refilled, now all I get is a quick flame then just straight butane. Time for a new one I guess.
Yep, had the same thing happen to one of mine.
[Reply]
eber 12:56 PM 02-23-2010
I do agree these are quite reliable but I hated having to refill them all the time due to the small tank they have
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:03 PM 02-23-2010
Sounds like a clog. Spray your butane (or compressed air) down through the burner and I'll bet it will be fine.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 01:08 PM 02-23-2010
Yeah, you can't beat Ronson's for the money. I have a tripple torch that I use to start the foot, but I always use my Ronson's for touch ups.

I'm having the same issue. It's a new one that's acting up too. I tried using compressed air to clear it, but it's still spurting and then the flame goes out.
[Reply]
eber 01:20 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Sounds like a clog. Spray your butane (or compressed air) down through the burner and I'll bet it will be fine.
good tip sir!!! I just tried that with 2 lighters that have been acting up and they both are working much better.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 04:54 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by etznova:
Today i found that the CVS stores in my area stock the Jetlites so i bought all three that they had at the moment. And i must say i see what all the hype is about they are very well constructed especially for the 4.29 that it cost me.:-):-)

:-)
Where were they displayed in the CVS ? Been checking around here and can't seem to find any .
[Reply]
jmsremax 05:47 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:

I'm having the same issue. It's a new one that's acting up too. I tried using compressed air to clear it, but it's still spurting and then the flame goes out.
I only have this issue when I am outside in the cold for an extended period of time. When I bring my lighter back inside (for about 10 mins) it's fine.
[Reply]
BigCat 06:15 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ:
Where were they displayed in the CVS ? Been checking around here and can't seem to find any .
Behind the counter in my area, somewhat close to the machine made cigars they sell. I just picked one up for $4.50. Not quite the steal that others cite at Walmart prices, but I couldn't pass up the chance to own something everyone raves about. It is a nice lighter for the money.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 02:45 AM 02-24-2010
My local wal-mart and CVS stores do not carry them but my Rite Aid stores do.

Just another option to check if the others strike out.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 02:24 PM 03-03-2010
Found them today in Rite-Aid . $4.49 each
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:43 PM 03-03-2010
I only use my Ronson anymore....and I have a few spares just in case :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:10 PM 03-03-2010
Always carry one when I am herfing!
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 05:52 PM 03-03-2010
Mine resides in my golf bag... I prefer my Xikar or X-tend for my everydayer.:-)

Definitely a solid lighter for the $ though...
[Reply]
ripper 06:16 PM 03-03-2010
Keep my Ronson Jet-Lite at the office for fogging out folks I don't want to see.
My gamer is the dual-flame Jetline lighter in Steelers black & yellow. Made in Japan. This baby has superior workmanship than the Chinese lighters.
Instantly ignites a 56-ring Oliva V torpedo. I like that clear window at bottom to view the butane reservoir.
Buy 10 and they are just $5.99 each from Rob at Taboo Cigars.

Image Image
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:26 PM 03-03-2010
I have a crap load of lighters and love several of them because they look nice and have a great feel. That being said... I carry a Ronson almost every day because I never have to worry other than it running out of fuel. They are so cheap though, I have another one in the truck just in case the one in my pocket runs out!! They just plain work.
[Reply]
G G 06:46 PM 03-03-2010
Gotta love em.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up