Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Pictures - My First Humidor
itsme_timd 11:44 PM 10-18-2009
Very nice start, congrats!

I remember getting my first humi. I put 5 sticks in it and said "Man, I'll NEVER fill this thing up!" :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:00 AM 10-19-2009
Dangle I live in California with no AC and started with a similar Humi. The temp in the house stayed around 80F everyday for a week and the next thing you know I had a holes in a cigar and beetle larvae. I had to chuck the cigar, freeze everything, and it worried me a lot afterwards. As I searched for answers I found the nest option for ME was a wine fridge. I found one for $50 at a thrift shop and have been shopping Craigslist for a second one. Temperature IS an issue. Like the setup though. Good luck!
[Reply]
Dangle 06:29 AM 10-19-2009
I moved it toward a window, and temps are around 74 degrees, is this ok? Also if I get a bigger humidor with more room inside, would it be easier to keep cooler, or more difficult. I ran out of room in this one anyways.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:44 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Dangle:
I moved it toward a window, and temps are around 74 degrees, is this ok? Also if I get a bigger humidor with more room inside, would it be easier to keep cooler, or more difficult. I ran out of room in this one anyways.
74 Should be OK. I Keep The Majority of My Sticks in 3 "Coolidors". I Prefer The Marine Igloo 48 or so Qt. with Scott's Beads To Maintain RH @ 65. In Fact Scott (Shilala) Is Selling His beads now. Look For The Thread, "Shilala's Beads". I've Found That It Is So Much Easier To Maintain Your Cigars In Peak condition with a "Coolidor"!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:54 PM 10-19-2009
Always buy bigger!!!
[Reply]
OHRD 01:06 PM 10-19-2009
Great stuff, I started with a humi about that size as well. With the temp issues, I think your best option will have to be a closet like has already been said, away from any direct light. Congrats, hope you enjoy!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up