Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Pictures - My First Humidor
Dangle 10:33 PM 10-14-2009
http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/280

This was around thirty five dollars,and came with fifteen cigars and a cutter. I really like it, but I know I will need something bigger soon.

What do you guys think, everything look alright?
[Reply]
Slavac 10:36 PM 10-14-2009
I'd take your matches and cutter out to start.

You'll also need a much larger one soon :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:38 PM 10-14-2009
Since that one is nearly full I hope you have another one on the way :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:40 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:

Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Since that one is nearly full I hope you have another one on the way :-)
:-)

Yep nice start, but you need MORE!!! MUAHAHAHAHA

Ahem. I mean, you'll probably need more room for all the other cigars along the way. Nice start!!
[Reply]
Dangle 10:40 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:

Thanks, there out. What about the temperature and humidity, they seem ok? Keep in mind I live in South Florida and might be hard to bring the temps down too much.
[Reply]
Titan410 10:55 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Dangle:
Thanks, there out. What about the temperature and humidity, they seem ok? Keep in mind I live in South Florida and might be hard to bring the temps down too much.

You want to get that temp down a little somehow, maybe a cooler spot in the house?
[Reply]
Dangle 11:04 PM 10-14-2009
I'll look around but it's in my room now, the coldest room in the house.
[Reply]
Titan410 11:39 PM 10-14-2009
The issue with higher temperatures in your humidor is tobacco beetles. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the subject will be along with more/better info.
[Reply]
zitro_joe 12:02 AM 10-15-2009
ditto on the temp...

I have the same humi, I paid the same price and did not get the extras. It is nice and works well.
[Reply]
Dangle 08:44 AM 10-15-2009
Any ideas on bringing the temperature down some? It's at 78 right now.
[Reply]
Slavac 08:54 AM 10-15-2009
Cool room will help, such as a basement. Though when I lived in TX, that wasn't an issue so I kept my sticks in a closet where it was always 5deg cooler than the rest of the house.
[Reply]
Dangle 09:04 AM 10-15-2009
No basements in Florida, the whole house is the same temperature, what about adding little baggies of cold water or something like that?
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 09:06 AM 10-15-2009
congrats on your new humidor...soon you'll be like the rest of us. It was a year ago that I bought my first 25 ct. Humidor, then a month and a half later I bought a 150 ct, then 3 weeks ago I bought my first Edgestar fridge. Enjoy the ride on the slope...
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:09 AM 10-15-2009
Congratulations on your first!!
[Reply]
Dux 09:10 AM 10-15-2009
I sometimes use a freezer Pack wrapped in paper towel, but I'm not sure you have the room for one. Time for a cooler :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 09:13 AM 10-15-2009
No basements in Florida, the whole house is the same temperature, what about adding little baggies of cold water or something like that?
Not sure how you'd go about that, plus changing the warm water out for cold water could be kinda high maintenance. Try keeping the humi down low, like the lowest shelf on a bookcase. I know you'll want to keep it up where it can easily be seen (I feel the same way) but heat rises and it's usually a degree or two cooler down low.

Also, I assume you have AC since you live in balmy Florida. How cool do you keep the house? An electric fan or ceiling fan on low in the room with your humi will circulate the air a bit more and might help a degree or two depending on how cool your house is already.
[Reply]
coastietech 10:49 AM 10-15-2009
Dangle I forsee something much bigger in your future... I started with something that size about 3 months ago. Took me 2 months and 3humis to realize a cooler was the way to go!! :-)

As for the temp sucks, but I have to keep my AC running all day to keep the house cool enough to maintain the cigars.

If you ever need a smoking partner in So Fl, shoot me a PM. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:56 AM 10-15-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
Dangle I forsee something much bigger in your future...
This just made me :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ucla695 07:08 PM 10-15-2009
You're off to a good start! Better start looking around for your next one. :-)
[Reply]
johnkevin 11:32 PM 10-18-2009
Thanks for showing this pictures....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up