Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Got the go ahead on a wine Cooler!
poriggity 04:17 PM 08-30-2009
I was looking at Edgestar, only because they can be found for a decent price, thanks to a link I found here, but I have an offer from a BOTL here for a completely setup vino temp that already has drawers and beads for a price that probably can't be beat (gotta talk to him more about it monday)... My question is, will my current stock really fit in it.. I told the wife I'd get rid of everything else if I could have a vino, except for my Reyes Family Cigars Humidor that has the Reyes Family Logo etched into the glass. That one means a ton to me... This means I would get rid of my havana foot locker my 100 ct home made humi and my 48 qt cooler. Best guess is I currently have about 22 boxes worth of sticks @ 25 sticks per box. I guess I am wondering if that many sticks will fit into a 28 bottle vino? I am excited about the prospect of a vino!
Scott
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:51 PM 08-30-2009
Welcome to Vino Tetris!!! I would say you would be OK. I have two Vinos and am only using 2 drawers for singles. The rest of the space is used for boxes and you can really get a lot in there. Here is something that I ran across that took a little room, but really helps when you are really packing one.

I took one of the stock wire racks and stood it up in the back of Vino. This keeps boxes off of the back enough where the moisture will drip down without getting on one of your boxes. I ruined most of a box of RG lonsdales before doing this.

Enjoy the new storage!!
[Reply]
poriggity 05:05 PM 08-30-2009
I am thinking I should be ok, but I am not 100% sure on that! I guess if I am not, I will just have to smoke more. Just curious as to how many sticks most of you guys have in your vinos..
Scott
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:10 PM 08-30-2009
I really don't know how many sticks or boxes I have in either one. I know the one that I keep stuff for long term is packed and Tetris is futile. The other one I keep finding a bit more room in. I am getting a bit short though and each drawer has a box in it.
[Reply]
captain53 05:17 PM 08-30-2009
That sounds like a crowd for a 28 bottle unit but best thing to do is ask the Drawer Master himself ChasDen. He can tell you for sure.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:51 PM 08-30-2009
So what're you thinking, $20 shipped for the footlocker? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:53 PM 08-30-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Posted via Mobile Device
Can't fault a guy for trying:-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 06:19 PM 08-30-2009
Originally Posted by captain53:
That sounds like a crowd for a 28 bottle unit but best thing to do is ask the Drawer Master himself ChasDen. He can tell you for sure.:-)
:-) I don't know about all that :-)

It should all fit especially if you have trays.

I have 20+ boxes in mine without drawers :-)

I know I don't have drawers. Go figure.

Chas
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:25 PM 08-30-2009
I just counted and I have 18 boxes that I can see in the one I age in. I know there is another layer behind there... so that gives you some idea. In that one BTW there is only the stock metal rack on the bottom to keep stuff up. The rest is pure stackage!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:08 PM 08-30-2009
Welcome to Vino Land brother!!!
[Reply]
poriggity 10:24 PM 08-30-2009
Posted via Mobile Device
PM sent brotha.. :-)
I can't wait till I get into a vino finally!
Scott
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 10:44 PM 08-30-2009
Its fun, let me tell ya

Bart
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:17 AM 08-31-2009
Congrats on the Vino!!!:-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 12:36 PM 08-31-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I took one of the stock wire racks and stood it up in the back of Vino. This keeps boxes off of the back enough where the moisture will drip down without getting on one of your boxes. I ruined most of a box of RG lonsdales before doing this.
Great suggestion! Thanks :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 01:23 PM 08-31-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
PM sent brotha.. :-)
I can't wait till I get into a vino finally!
Scott
Note to self (and other newbies): be careful what you say on this forum. It will come back to haunt you... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
poriggity 08:03 PM 08-31-2009
Note to self (and other newbies): be careful what you say on this forum. It will come back to haunt you... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-):-):-) Thats right dude! As soon as I get the vino setup, and my sticks moved in, you better watch out :-)
Scott
[Reply]
poriggity 08:51 AM 09-01-2009
Ok, so I decided, rather than buying a setup vino, I would buy the edgestar, and document setting it up, so I can post it up here, and on my blog. I just ordered it. Should be here shortly!
Scott
[Reply]
King James 10:02 AM 09-01-2009
Congrats on the purchase, I love my vinotemp, I'm sure you will like the edgestar just as well
[Reply]
poriggity 10:15 AM 09-01-2009
Yup, I am really looking forward to it!
Scott
[Reply]
Kreth 02:15 PM 09-01-2009
I don't see how you can go wrong, Scott. There's BOTLs on the forum using both brands, so tips and help should be easy to come by. Congrats on the purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up