Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The most reliable lighter
OLS 06:46 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Ronson Jetlite - $3 at WalMart or CVS :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
OLS 06:52 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by huero71:
Damn, I've really got to get one of these. Seems like no one ever has problems with them.
Oh no, I have had problems with them...and thrown them out of a moving car. For 3 bucks,
I expect an occasional dud to surface. One I had wouldn't shut off when I let
the trigger go, one had a switch go. Total investment in duds, 5.97.
Total investment in Jetlites...about 50 bucks. I have a dozen and a half left.
They are just great lil lighters for a very low cost. The only reason I mention the duds is that just as many
people have horror stories about their 75 dollar lighter inexplicably breaking, or having trouble with the
repair/replace process. I am just saying, certis parabus, go with the Jet-Lite.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 07:04 AM 04-28-2009
My best bang for the buck lighters are the Tiger brand. I get 3-4 of their dual torch lighters from ebay for around 5-7 bucks each and keep them everywhere I need a lighter. I have one that has lasted 4 years with no problems.

MCS
[Reply]
wayner123 08:03 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
My best bang for the buck lighters are the Tiger brand. I get 3-4 of their dual torch lighters from ebay for around 5-7 bucks each and keep them everywhere I need a lighter. I have one that has lasted 4 years with no problems.

MCS
:-) This man knows what he is talking about.

You can also go to dealextreme.com and pick up any of the torch lighter that looks similar to the Blazer's. You can usually find them for $2 and free shipping.

The Ronson's I have had have always crapped out. I have had the torch one like MCS describes for over a year now, and I have dropped it multiple times and mistreated it, and it still works like a charm.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:20 AM 04-28-2009
I've got a 3 torch Nibo that my mother gave me a couple years ago, and 4 Ronson Jet Lites. So far, knock on wood, they all work perfectly.
[Reply]
longknocker 09:21 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Tripp:
Though I still stand by my handful of Ronson's, my Zippo Blu is my go-to... I love it, and have never had an issue with it.
Interesting: Mine lights only 1/2 the time. Maybe I need to send it back to Zippo?
[Reply]
longknocker 09:25 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
For the money I don't know how you can beat a Ronson. Mine have worked perfectly. Never had a chance to try the Blazer.

Table lighter is a Vector Tundra. Fantastic lighter.
:-) I'm with Al! Always take 2-3 Ronsons when I play golf & Vector for the "Special Occasions"!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:42 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
I am really enjoying my Blue Rhino... great lighter!

http://heartfeltindustries.com/prodd...asp?prod=BR013

$22.95 right now... and offering a 10% discount. :-)
You talked me into it, Joe! The "Golf" edition got me!:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:52 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
You talked me into it, Joe! The "Golf" edition got me!:-)

Ha ha ha ha :-)

I'm a sucker for gadgets. So far, this one has worked flawlessly. I only use triple refined fuel, or better, and it works like a champ. :-)
[Reply]
croatan 11:04 AM 04-28-2009
The most reliable lighters I've ever used are the PB-207s. I'm on my second one now. Lost my first a few years ago. They always work and they'll light a few boxes of cigars before they need to be refilled.

I also have a few dozen other lights lying around, some more expensive, some less expensive. The ones from dealextreme are great for leaving places you're likely to smoke. I keep them in my office, briefcase, golf bag, car, etc. The expensive ones are nice if you don't want to carry a welding torch in your suit pocket.

I have one of the Ronsons, too, but don't use it often because I never know how much fuel is in it. I like lighters with clear bodies so that I can see EXACTLY how much fuel is left.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 11:41 AM 04-28-2009
PB - 207. (Clear) :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:58 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by croatan:
The most reliable lighters I've ever used are the PB-207s. I'm on my second one now. Lost my first a few years ago. They always work and they'll light a few boxes of cigars before they need to be refilled.

I also have a few dozen other lights lying around, some more expensive, some less expensive. The ones from dealextreme are great for leaving places you're likely to smoke. I keep them in my office, briefcase, golf bag, car, etc. The expensive ones are nice if you don't want to carry a welding torch in your suit pocket.

I have one of the Ronsons, too, but don't use it often because I never know how much fuel is in it. I like lighters with clear bodies so that I can see EXACTLY how much fuel is left.
Great point! It's the only thing I don't like.
[Reply]
gnukfu 02:19 PM 04-28-2009
The PB-207 is my everyday lighter and it works perfectly and lights a lot of cigars between fuel tank refills. The Ronson Jetlite is my other go to lighter - it's in my locker at the B&M - works like a charm.
[Reply]
Savvy 02:57 PM 04-28-2009
Get the PB-207 Blazer. Great lighter, very reliable, massive tank for butane. It's well under your budget too. With the money you save you can pick up a few Ronson's if you want to.

I also suggest the clear Blazer. Always know your butane level that way.:-)
[Reply]
Chris. 03:42 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
$3 each...get a dozen! :-)
You will definitely need a dozen. They are great lighters, but they will fail eventually. I had one that I used a lot for a few months and finally it stopped clicking to light the fuel. Not sure why, but I just tossed it since I have 4 more. Way better than the unreliable Guiness colibri firebird I have.
[Reply]
MNSmoker 03:56 PM 04-28-2009
Like many others around here, I also recommend the Blazer PB-207. I bought this lighter over a year ago, and it has worked perfectly for me every time.
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:14 PM 04-28-2009
:-) I have a bunch of these and as long as they have fuel I have had no problems with them. Light every time.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:15 PM 04-28-2009
Whoever gifted me my Ronson..and I have my suspicions, should know that I love it and have put all others away for storage :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 04:16 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Savvy:
Get the PB-207 Blazer. Great lighter, very reliable, massive tank for butane. It's well under your budget too. With the money you save you can pick up a few Ronson's if you want to.
:-) +1
[Reply]
-MG- 04:18 PM 04-28-2009
:-) The only time my Ronson misbehaves is when its a few lights away from being empty. For me its just a 'feature' that lets me know it's time to refill :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up