Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Water Pillows
Chavez15 03:05 PM 05-20-2010
I went to Vegas a few months back and brought some cigars home with me. I bought a few pillows for the trip home and was just curious as to how long they last. My brother says as long as they're filled they're good, is that true?

I saw one guy at my B&M who had one it wasn't in the pouch, and it looked brownish, he claimed it was because he took his cigars out of the cello. I usually use the boveda pouches but they didn't have any at the time. I know they were only a buck but I dont want to throw them out if they are still good.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:18 PM 05-20-2010
I have been using a few for over a year...just keep 'em filled with distilled water every three weeks or so and they are good to go.
[Reply]
Cigary 03:48 PM 05-20-2010
I think the book on these is that they can be used from 3 to 5 times with good results. AFter that there is some diminished results but as long as you use DW they should give you positive results. I've had some that I used at least 5-7 times and after that they were pretty much useless.
[Reply]
Chavez15 04:11 PM 05-20-2010
Any discoloration in them?
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:15 PM 05-20-2010
No discoloration in the ones I have been using.
[Reply]
JJG 04:28 PM 05-20-2010
my local shop sells them for somewhere around $1 ea. so if I get several months use out of one, I consider it a good bargain. never seen any discoloration though, but I can see how that could happen after long term use.
[Reply]
alley00p 04:49 PM 05-20-2010
I've used some for months for my pipe tobacco, re-wetting them when they dry a bit. They haven't discolored, and keep my tabac very well. I've even had a few that dried out and after soaking them for a bit, they worked again.

Famous Cigars has them for $6 a dozen. I usually buy a dozen when I order something from them. I like to stick them in packages that go out.

:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:54 PM 05-20-2010
Could be mold! These will get moldy if you're not careful. I prefer Bovedas, frankly.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:30 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by Chavez15:
My brother says as long as they're filled they're good, is that true?
That's been my experience. I have used a number of them for several years with no problems and great results.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:43 AM 05-21-2010
Had some from the devil that lasted until I no longer used them (atleast 6 months), with no ill effects, re-filled them many times. They go on sale at the devil for less than 50 cents each if you are studious with bidding. :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:53 AM 05-21-2010
I was using them in my ammocanidor for a couple of months until I bought beads. I passed them on to the guy I gave the can to cuz I had upgrade to a cooler. They were good to use in a pinch.
[Reply]
Up