Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>What are your opinions on this little guy?
Bleez 08:58 AM 05-08-2010
18 bottle dual zone wine cooler from Edgestar.

Mash Here

I'm thinking I need a wine cooler to keep my cigars nice and comfy. The temp stays about 75 degrees in my house. I heard/read that the dual zone coolers were good because I could go with cigars on the bottom, wine on the top and not mess either up.

Opinions/Comments/Concerns/etc welcome!!!
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 09:44 AM 05-08-2010
Originally Posted by Bleeder:
18 bottle dual zone wine cooler from Edgestar.

Mash Here

I'm thinking I need a wine cooler to keep my cigars nice and comfy. The temp stays about 75 degrees in my house. I heard/read that the dual zone coolers were good because I could go with cigars on the bottom, wine on the top and not mess either up.

Opinions/Comments/Concerns/etc welcome!!!
My guess is once you start filling that thing you would have no roon for wine. :-)
[Reply]
p@rick 09:48 AM 05-08-2010
Just make sure that whatever vinotemp you get does not use a compressor to keep cool. I have heard that it sucks all the humidity out of the cooler every time it kicks on. Also on many models there is a good deal of condensation that runs down the back of the inside of the unit. Just make sure that it runs unabated to the reservoir at the bottom of the unit or it could ruin your smokes.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 09:50 AM 05-08-2010
Thermo Electric is the Key!
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:49 AM 05-08-2010
Check this out 28-bottle Edgestar - Single zone with more room for a few extra dollars. I used this place recently and had no problems with them.
[Reply]
Prospector 11:12 AM 05-08-2010
Those two compartments will limit you big time. Once you start putting boxes in there you will quickly run out of space. Go with something bigger.
[Reply]
Bleez 11:43 AM 05-08-2010
Thanks for the input, so far, everyone.

Wasn't sure if that was big enough or not. I don't even drink wine so I might as well go for a one piecer. I was just thinking that the two levels would be good for keeping spiced/flavored cigars in the smaller part.

Originally Posted by lightning9191:
Check this out 28-bottle Edgestar - Single zone with more room for a few extra dollars. I used this place recently and had no problems with them.
Thanks for the info. I will look into this one as well. I am in the very early stages of research, haha. It will be a little while before I pull the trigger on one. Will definitely bookmark that one.
[Reply]
Giants85 09:51 PM 05-08-2010
Be careful with dual zone if you plan to do both cigars and wine...cigars should be fine but the aroma from the cedar and cigars could potentially permeate the wine through the cork.

I considered dual zone as well when first looking into wine coolers but ended up going with the edgestar 28 open box item for I think around $100...more room for cigars!
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 07:05 AM 05-09-2010
Originally Posted by Prospector:
Those two compartments will limit you big time. Once you start putting boxes in there you will quickly run out of space. Go with something bigger.
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo:
My guess is once you start filling that thing you would have no roon for wine. :-)
I got a dualzone and I wish I didn't.
[Reply]
Up