Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Boveda Hygometer Calibration Kit usage?
Bryan 08:57 PM 07-21-2009
Could someone post or point me in the direction to view detailed directions on how to use the Boveda Hygometer Calibration Kit before I purchase?
I already looked on Boveda's website and I could not find directions

thanks
[Reply]
longknocker 09:02 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by Bryan:
Could someone post or point me in the direction to view detailed directions on how to use the Boveda Hygometer Calibration Kit before I purchase?
I already looked on Boveda's website and I could not find directions

thanks
Instructions are in the packet. Put the hygrometer in the pack for 48 hours, then adjust to 75 RH. Wait 24 more hours, then adjust as needed. Very easy, even for a dense like me!:-)
[Reply]
Bryan 09:08 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Instructions are in the packet. Put the hygrometer in the pack for 48 hours, then adjust to 75 RH. Wait 24 more hours, then adjust as needed. Very easy, even for a dense like me!:-)
Ok... sounds simple, but raises another question...
I have a XiKar hygometer which only has one button which calibrates to 75% once pressed. No other adjustments.

You state I should calibrate to 75% first after putting into the Boveda bag and press again after the 24 hours? Twice?
[Reply]
hotreds 09:14 PM 07-21-2009
Is the Boveda 75%?

Anyway, doesn't matter what you do before you put the hygro in the bag with the Boveda. But, after 24 hours the hygro should be calibrated to whatever the Boveda is- say 75%. In this case you can press the calibration button to match the 75% level in the bag. What I've done with the older hygros is take a silver pen and put + or - the number of points the hygro was off.
[Reply]
Bryan 09:20 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Is the Boveda 75%?

Anyway, doesn't matter what you do before you put the hygro in the bag with the Boveda. But, after 24 hours the hygro should be calibrated to whatever the Boveda is- say 75%. In this case you can press the calibration button to match the 75% level in the bag. What I've done with the older hygros is take a silver pen and put + or - the number of points the hygro was off.
K.. this makes sense. I could not, for the life of me, understand why I would need to press the button upon placing into the Boveda bag.
Can the Boveda bag be used twice? I have 2 hygometers.
[Reply]
MarkMc 09:26 PM 07-21-2009
You can fit 2 hygrometers into one kit. I've done this with my 2 desktop hygrometers. They are both of the Xikar ones with the 75% calibration button on the top.
[Reply]
Bryan 09:28 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by MarkMc:
You can fit 2 hygrometers into one kit. I've done this with my 2 desktop hygrometers. They are both of the Xikar ones with the 75% calibration button on the top.

thanks!!
[Reply]
alona007 07:42 PM 10-01-2009
oh wow this is perfect! exactly what I was looking for =)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 09:43 PM 10-01-2009
boveda good for 3 months after openning.:-)
[Reply]
Up