Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Anyone have this wine cooler?
BeerAdvocate 06:30 PM 06-07-2009
Its a Haier 18 bottle Dual Zone wine cooler. Its $119 in my local Target ad this sunday!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ci_sku=8471090
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 08:05 PM 06-07-2009
I used to have two Haier units set up, though not that exact model. Haier makes a good product.

My wife has them full of wine now. Go figure. :-)
[Reply]
Azpostal 02:12 AM 06-08-2009
Yeah I just looked at it in the store but wanting to know also about them.
[Reply]
fishstix 07:28 AM 06-08-2009
an 18 count to me is just too small. If you're OK with it then what the heck - go for it.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:27 AM 06-08-2009
I am now thinking the same. So I will pass. Might as well get as big as I can, the 1st time.
[Reply]
fishstix 10:43 AM 06-08-2009
The 28 count is a better "bang for the buck" so to speak. I was able to fit 35 boxes with some creative boxtris.
[Reply]
bonjing 01:43 PM 06-08-2009
I have this model and it's way to small for anything. The lower section fits about 4 or 5 boxes if you use the upper shelves only, leaving the floor for your beads. the 4 or 5 boxes also allows space for circulation. The upper zone only goes as high as 54deg, which i was told was too cold for sticks, while the lower zone goes to 64. I am looking for bigger now :-). If you really want it and if you have a big lots near you they have them for around $80 something, if i remember right. not worth it in my opinion. save up for bigger and you will be happy.

Don't get me wrong it fits my needs for now, I needed something to keep my sticks cool rights away. my cooler started to get up in the 77 - 80deg when it started to get warm here. but that money could have been spent better down the line for a larger unit.

-eta-

the unit over all, i am happy with it. just make sure you look it over before someone decides to cut the box up and throw it away. my door seal didn't seal up properly near the upper corner, i didn't notice till it was to late. looking at it now it seems that the seal has expanded to it's full size and appears to seal properly. i did have to adjust the door so that it sits level. The fans stay on constantly but i don't seem to notice that they are on. But i also only plug it in when the whether gets warm around here.
[Reply]
alley00p 01:55 PM 06-08-2009
One of our local BOTL's had a couple of Haiers that he modified the thermostat on, so that they would keep up to 80 degree temps if you desired. :-)

I almost bought one from him, but I decided to get my Vino-28 instead. Now I'm patiently waiting for my shelves from ChasDen to be finished! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
kgoings 08:32 PM 06-09-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
One of our local BOTL's had a couple of Haiers that he modified the thermostat on, so that they would keep up to 80 degree temps if you desired. :-)

I almost bought one from him, but I decided to get my Vino-28 instead. Now I'm patiently waiting for my shelves from ChasDen to be finished! :-)

:-)

Why would you want them at 80 degrees? I thought beetle eggs can hatch at just over 70?

I use the Vinotemp 28, best bang for your buck. There is a thread in the advertising section where you can buy them
[Reply]
Up