Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Looking for End Table Humidor
Barteur 12:43 PM 05-16-2009
Hi All,

I am looking for a End table Humidor, search around found the

Montegue
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=10

Lauderdale
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=13

The Craftsman (This is the one I like best:-))
http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/...aftsman-2.html

Just looking for more eyes. If you shop around and see something that could hold 1000+ sticks and be similar to one one showed up here. Let me know. I prefer without glass top or glass door.

Thanks

Frenchie
[Reply]
mojo65 01:15 PM 05-16-2009
the monetque at Cbid setting at 171.00 ends may 21

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=723939
[Reply]
shadow king 05:18 PM 05-16-2009
There is a thread on here about premiumhumidors.com. I would read it all before deciding to do business with them. It kinda scared me away.

From what I've gathered in my search for an end table humi, cheaphumidors is the best place to go.
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 06:26 AM 05-17-2009
Originally Posted by Barteur:
Hi All,

I am looking for a End table Humidor, search around found the

Montegue
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=10

Lauderdale
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=13

The Craftsman (This is the one I like best:-))
http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/...aftsman-2.html

Just looking for more eyes. If you shop around and see something that could hold 1000+ sticks and be similar to one one showed up here. Let me know. I prefer without glass top or glass door.

Thanks

Frenchie
You may find that a bit small. I've had a Montegue for about a year and I love it... but its almost full.

Steve
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:45 AM 05-17-2009
Originally Posted by mojo65:
the monetque at Cbid setting at 171.00 ends may 21

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=723939
This is the avenue I went as well...buying from cbid. And I'm close enough that I picked it up instead of paying their hefty freight charge.

Seeing you are in Montreal, I don't know if cbid will work for you, but either way I will give the Montegue a positive recommendation. An Oasis or Hydra with some beads did the trick for me.
[Reply]
AD720 07:47 AM 05-17-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
This is the avenue I went as well...buying from cbid. And I'm close enough that I picked it up instead of paying their hefty freight charge.

Seeing you are in Montreal, I don't know if cbid will work for you, but either way I will give the Montegue a positive recommendation. An Oasis or Hydra with some beads did the trick for me.
I never realized that was an option! :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:00 AM 05-17-2009
Was just bombed a Montegue (check bomb threads for Mother of All Bombs).

It is a beautiful unit.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:18 AM 05-17-2009
Their cigar count estimates to me seem misleading. If you are putting boxes in those cab's, I do not think you'll achieve the capacity they are talking about.

That being said, they do look like a value. You way want to consider a local cabinet maker and see if they make you a humidor. I bet shipping to Montreal is not going to be cheap either, so in the end you could be at the same price point.
[Reply]
Barteur 08:57 AM 05-17-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Was just bombed a Montegue (check bomb threads for Mother of All Bombs).

It is a beautiful unit.
This is where it started. Your Bomb had me thinking, hey I need to spend some money:-)

Frenchie
[Reply]
Barteur 09:00 AM 05-17-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Their cigar count estimates to me seem misleading. If you are putting boxes in those cab's, I do not think you'll achieve the capacity they are talking about.

That being said, they do look like a value. You way want to consider a local cabinet maker and see if they make you a humidor. I bet shipping to Montreal is not going to be cheap either, so in the end you could be at the same price point.
This was the good thing with Premium, shipping was only 100$. But with the feedback I found on that cie I guess I will look for other options. The others are giving shipping cost of Approx 150$

Frenchie
[Reply]
Barteur 09:04 AM 05-17-2009
Just got some feedback from Cbid and they will not work with Canadians, too bad, looked like a good option.
[Reply]
Barteur 09:06 AM 05-17-2009
Just to add a fourth post... I should have done multi-quote:-)

Thanks guys for the feeback and advices.

Frenchie
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:47 AM 05-17-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I never realized that was an option! :-)
I called them before making a bid, confirmed it was possible, submitted a bid and then called again to mark it for pick-up. The drive was the perfect amount of time...one cigar on the way, and one on the way back! :-) :-)
[Reply]
shadow king 09:35 PM 05-17-2009
I called them before making a bid, confirmed it was possible, submitted a bid and then called again to mark it for pick-up. The drive was the perfect amount of time...one cigar on the way, and one on the way back! :-) :-)
Where is Cbid located? I think it's in PA but not sure what end. Pickup could be an option for me as well!

Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
You may find that a bit small. I've had a Montegue for about a year and I love it... but its almost full.

Steve
Steve, I've almost commited myself to get the Montegue but your post about space worries me!
What is a more realistic estimate of how many boxes/cabs will fit in them? I also was planning to just use 3 lbs of beads. But Joel mentioned a hydra or oasis. Are those really necessary? I was planning on putting a couple Oust fans in if I can find them.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:22 PM 05-17-2009
Originally Posted by shadow king:
Where is Cbid located? I think it's in PA but not sure what end. Pickup could be an option for me as well!
It's around Bethlehem, eastern part of the state north of Philly.

Steve, I've almost commited myself to get the Montegue but your post about space worries me!
What is a more realistic estimate of how many boxes/cabs will fit in them?
If I had to guess, I'd say you could fit about thirty or more 25 ct boxes. I have the top shelf of three (not the drawer) loaded up with about a dozen boxes and think I could fit two or three more if I tried. The second and third shelf should hold about the same....so maybe as many as 40 or 50. I have a bunch of singles all over the place on the lower shelves, so hopefully someone with a more "packed full of boxes" set up can chime in.

I also was planning to just use 3 lbs of beads. But Joel mentioned a hydra or oasis. Are those really necessary? I was planning on putting a couple Oust fans in if I can find them.
I think 3 lbs of beads would be fine for most of the year, but in the winter I think I would have some trouble maintaining. I use an Oasis kind of like an automatic bead recharger. I would guess that would be the case with just about any humidor that isn't air tight like a coolerdor.
[Reply]
Bear 06:16 PM 05-18-2009
Originally Posted by Barteur:
This was the good thing with Premium, shipping was only 100$. But with the feedback I found on that cie I guess I will look for other options. The others are giving shipping cost of Approx 150$

Frenchie
Eric, don't forget that you will have to pay Sales Tax on that as well. There's no way the guy & gals in Customs will miss this. :-)
[Reply]
Barteur 06:30 PM 05-18-2009
Originally Posted by Bear:
Eric, don't forget that you will have to pay Sales Tax on that as well. There's no way the guy & gals in Customs will miss this. :-)
I know but customs is not that bad for furniture. I will try to find a place near the border an probably stay overnight. Saves me shipping and customs fees.

Thanks for the notice
Frenchie
[Reply]
bob staebell 08:34 AM 05-19-2009
It's been my experience that there is no extra duty on humidors or furniture--just the usual VAT(GST?) & provincial sales tax. If one ships it in, you will have brokerage fee's based on value--usually at least the $100.00 minimum, unless you can figure out a way to act as your own clearance broker.

cheers,
Bob Staebell
[Reply]
pmp 08:51 AM 05-22-2009
+1 that has been my experience as well. If you import merchandise with any regularity and you have a good customs broker its a snap.
[Reply]
Up