Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>how do I de-clog my lighter?
yes please 08:24 PM 05-13-2009
I have a butane lighter. It worked fine until I put some cheap butane in it. Now, all I get is spark. How do I declog it?
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:27 PM 05-13-2009
Try blowing some condensed air where the flame comes out. See if that works. If not you will need to purge your lighter. To do this take some sort of thin metal poker, this can be a paper clip, tip of a pen, skinny screwdriver, etc. And in the spot that you put in fuel, press the poker there until nothing comes out. Now refill your lighter with good butane.
[Reply]
skullnrose 08:32 PM 05-13-2009
Purge it buy letting the butane and air out of the fill valve. Fill It with Vector fuel If it still doesn't spark light It with another lighter and allow it to burn for a Bit. Someone else might have better Ideas but this has worked for me until I found quality butane. You can also try blowing it with the air you use to blow electronics clean.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:53 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
Purge it buy letting the butane and air out of the fill valve. Fill It with Vector fuel If it still doesn't spark light It with another lighter and allow it to burn for a Bit. Someone else might have better Ideas but this has worked for me until I found quality butane. You can also try blowing it with the air you use to blow electronics clean.
:-) I went through this same process not too long ago and it ended up working just fine. Now I understand why people shell out the cash for the good butane
[Reply]
ucla695 07:15 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
:-) I went through this same process not too long ago and it ended up working just fine. Now I understand why people shell out the cash for the good butane
Yup, yup. Only Vector and Lava for me. :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 08:26 PM 05-14-2009
I use either Colibri or Vector Butane, and they work great... I have had issues using say Zippo or Generic Brand Butane before... The Colibri seems to be the best to me.
[Reply]
shadow king 08:31 PM 05-14-2009
There must be something in the air because I had the exact same thing with my lighter today. I used Ronson Butane to refill my Ronson Jetlite. I'm leaning towards getting a few bottles of Vector now that I have read all of this.
[Reply]
Cenookie 09:53 PM 05-14-2009
I use Vector and have never had a problem, the label says it's filtered 5 times. (just my:-))
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:36 AM 05-15-2009
I have some of the quintupled refined fuel in my ronson. Word of caution, the flame stays lit after you let go of the button for a few seconds. :-)
[Reply]
N2Advnture 04:51 AM 05-15-2009
Check out this thread bro, may say the tips in the thread have helped fix "dead" lighters.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ghter+problems

I hope this helps

~Mark
[Reply]
Up