Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Just in the nick of time! - CA to the Rescue
kydsid 06:45 PM 05-13-2009
After moving to the southern border last winter I found a very different problem with my humidors than while living in Alaska.

When things started to get into the mid 80's, in the humidors I knew I needed something to avoid the $500 Electric bill I would get if I set my AC to 75. Thank god for this forum. Lots of reading and I finally purchased an Edgestar off of Amazon from Compact Appliance and some beads from Heartfelt.

The Edgestar arrived next day for the same flat rate ground shiping price. Okay so it only had to make a trip down I35 from Austin, but still. Then today the beads arrive.

As I rip into my humidors and coolidor to move them to the Edgestar I check the Humi-Care <---poor mans Cigar Oasis.

Ruh woh, not good:

Shot with N95 at 2009-05-13

Okay so remembering a thread in here about CO's I get back online. The fix is in folks.

Thank you Bobby! :-)

So here she is all stacked and packed.

Now of course I do have one more problem. I am out of room and need another Edgestar. HAHA

A Big Thank You to everyone in the Asylum. This place rocks.

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:50 PM 05-13-2009
Sweet Set up!

TO be completely off the topic, how are those Leoninos?
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:22 PM 05-13-2009
Very nice...I am needing a vino here in Louisiana too!
[Reply]
kydsid 07:42 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Sweet Set up!

TO be completely off the topic, how are those Leoninos?
For $1.25 a stick I'm not complaining. :-)

Can't say exactly how it smokes only had a few but was smooth, mild and nice draw to each one.

Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Very nice...I am needing a vino here in Louisiana too!
Well the nice thing is the Edgestar is shipped to your door for half of what Vinotemps are going for now. I didn't have the option of waiting any longer so I went this way.
[Reply]
kydsid 03:21 PM 05-14-2009
Well after 24 hours everything is looking good. Got the Oasis in last night with gel. I came home to a house that was 86 degrees with 48% humidity. The edgestar is rocking at 64 degrees and 64% humidity. Couldn't be happier. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 03:26 PM 05-14-2009
Nice setup! :-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 03:27 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Well after 24 hours everything is looking good. Got the Oasis in last night with gel. I came home to a house that was 86 degrees with 48% humidity. The edgestar is rocking at 64 degrees and 64% humidity. Couldn't be happier. :-)
That is sweet. Nothing like peace of mind.
[Reply]
BMTA 03:31 PM 05-14-2009
No worries in there, except for friends constantly drawn to the stash!
[Reply]
Up