Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Herf ToolBox
dubnick 02:24 PM 05-04-2009
What does everyone bring with them to a Herf?

Besides cigars obviously. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:29 PM 05-04-2009
Is it at a residence?
Bring something for the host, particularly if they are providing food/drinks for attendees. Perhaps a bottle of their favorite ripple or a fine cigar. Just a small gesture to show appreciation for the host and using their home.

Regardless of a home or an establishment:
Bring some cigars that you like to smoke that others may not have tried to PIF or trade. This isn't a requirement by any means but inevitably people will start moving cigars. I would suggest bringing more cigars than you plan on smoking because everyone likes trades and trying new things.

Overall, just make sure you bring yourself and a good attitude to have a great time with some B/SOTL :-)
[Reply]
dubnick 02:31 PM 05-04-2009
Cool. Thanks for the response. Very helpful.

I'm also thinking something along the lines of cutters, draw tools, anything else I could be missing??
[Reply]
AD720 02:32 PM 05-04-2009
Cigars
Lighter (don't want to have to mooch a light all night)
cutter (see above)
Draw Tool(s)
little bit of candy (bad breath/vitiman N repellant)

if not at a cigar bar/bar:

a couple bottles of something good
something for the host
[Reply]
dubnick 02:34 PM 05-04-2009
Thanks Andrew,

Can't wait to get my hands on some draw tools and get my new cigar caddy in the mail. I should be all set.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:34 PM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by dubnick:
Cool. Thanks for the response. Very helpful.

I'm also thinking something along the lines of cutters, draw tools, anything else I could be missing??
Yeah, a cutter and lighting implements. Although most everyone has something so you could make do without. Haven't seen a draw poker at a herf yet, not saying it is unneeded, but if a cigar isn't working, its not worth fussing with. When it comes down to it, the people you are meeting and smoking with will make any cigar much better because of the people around you :-)
[Reply]
dubnick 02:36 PM 05-04-2009
Very true.

I must say I had a plugged cigar and borrowed a draw poker. What a difference it made. Like Night and Day.
[Reply]
rack04 02:38 PM 05-04-2009
In addition to what has been mentioned so far I always bring some blank bands to label cigars that I had out and a small jar of pectin for emergencies.
[Reply]
AD720 04:13 PM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by rack04:
In addition to what has been mentioned so far I always bring some blank bands to label cigars that I had out and a small jar of pectin for emergencies.
I knew I forgot something!
[Reply]
awsmith4 04:35 PM 05-04-2009
When I go to out of town herfs it takes me at least three times as long to pack all my herf supplies than it does to pack clothes and get ready to leave.

Can't really think of anything to add, the guys above about nailed it
[Reply]
shvictor 04:36 PM 05-04-2009
I bring my great sense of humor, and my striking good looks. Thats usually enough to get me through it :-)
[Reply]
groogs 04:48 PM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by shvictor:
I bring my great sense of humor, and my striking good looks. Thats usually enough to get me through it :-)
That is the funniest thing I have read all day.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Thaplumbr 05:10 PM 05-04-2009
Modesty must run like wildfire in your family!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 06:17 PM 05-04-2009
:-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 06:46 PM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
:-)
I forgot to add, that snacks soda/adult beverages if granted permission.have fun and Always say THANK YOU when given a stick.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:02 PM 05-04-2009
Cutters, lighters, butane in the car (just in case), gum or some type of breath freshener and tons of cigars. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 07:08 PM 05-04-2009
Cigars. When you think you are bringing enough, double it. It's funny how the urge to GIVE gushes up from inside you at these gatherings. Kinda hard to explain, but just be sure you bring loads of sticks :-)
[Reply]
Up