MiamiE 05:18 AM 01-07-2011
Ruth's Chris!
[Reply]
Kreth 05:28 AM 01-07-2011
The Rex in Billings, MT.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:34 AM 01-07-2011
In Boston it's a tie between Abe & Louis' or Smith and Wollensky's. Grill 23 is also quite nice.

In Montreal, I love Queue de Cheval and sometimes go to Moishe's.

Out of all mentioned, Queue de Cheval is just :-) :-) :-) The have glass encased bar that is cigar friendly. When Montreal did not have a smoking ban, they would roll a cart to the table filled with Habanos, Port, and Madeira to the table! Talk about a kid in a candy shop!
[Reply]
Blueface 05:48 AM 01-07-2011
DelFrisco's in Las Vegas
[Reply]
Lumpold 06:16 AM 01-07-2011
Uno's in Worcester, MA, or my house, UK.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:22 AM 01-07-2011
Jeff Ruby's Waterfront or Precinct
Better than any other steakhouse I have been to in any big city. Including, Shulas, Ruth Chris and Mortons. :-)

Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Jeff Ruby owns it and he knows his steaks.
Thank God he does, otherwise people would be ordering steaks well done with ketchup. :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 07:01 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Coach Grill in Wayland, MA - we've been requesting the same waiter for years, and his personal touches combined with their outstanding filets make it a first class experience all the way.
I need to make a trip to Wayland! Thanks for the heads up about this place....it's going on my list of places to try.
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
In Boston it's a tie between Abe & Louis' or Smith and Wollensky's. Grill 23 is also quite nice.
Moses, what makes you like S & W more than Grill 23? I've yet to go to S&W which is why I'm asking.
[Reply]
McSmokey 07:07 AM 01-07-2011
If I'm not cooking it at home, my #1 place to go to is a little hole-in-wall joint called "Nicks in the Sticks" and it's literally in the sticks as far as location, but they cook a Fillet Mignon that most days you can literally cut with a fork. Great now I'm gonna have to go to Nicks tonite. :-)
[Reply]
marge796 07:14 AM 01-07-2011
The Plaza III in Kansas City MO is damn good. The Hereford House at Zona Rosa also in KC is a close second.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Scothew 07:48 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
If I'm not cooking it at home, my #1 place to go to is a little hole-in-wall joint called "Nicks in the Sticks" and it's literally in the sticks as far as location, but they cook a Fillet Mignon that most days you can literally cut with a fork. Great now I'm gonna have to go to Nicks tonite. :-)
Im gonna have to look that place up J.
[Reply]
aich75013 07:53 AM 01-07-2011
When in Vegas we always go to Mesa Grill. My wife is a Bobby Flay fan.
I always get the fillet and have cut it with a fork.

The first time I went to Texas Roadhouse I was not impressed. They've definitely improved or maybe I just got a bad cut that time.
. I like their steaks now.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Damocles 08:03 AM 01-07-2011
Ruth's Chris, ribeye au poivre. Daaaaaaaang.
[Reply]
RatherUneek 08:04 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by htown:
Ruth's Chris with some cream spinach and potatoes au gratin.
You said it! I order either the ribeye or filet everytime I go with those sides. Chamberlain's in Dallas if really good as well. But for my normans budget I normally go to Saltgrass.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:05 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
I need to make a trip to Wayland! Thanks for the heads up about this place....it's going on my list of places to try.

Moses, what makes you like S & W more than Grill 23? I've yet to go to S&W which is why I'm asking.
I like the decore at S&W, along with better wine glasses than Grill 23 and more reasonably priced wine list. S&W has a similar quality steak that costs a little less. There's less hassle getting a seat. The potato crisp thing is really good. The desserts are very similar. The wine presentation is the first thing that comes to mind though. Don't expect S&W to be "better"; they're all on a similar playing field except for Capital Grill which is a small step down.

To me, it's about service, plates-cutlery-glassware, and wine. Anyone can cook a steak and it's just a meal. The fine touches are what set it apart. Does the wine come out at the right temperature? Do they decant it through cheese cloth?

A&L does have Ch. Musar on their wine list for a good price; that alone is enough to get me to A&L first.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:07 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by aich75013:
When in Vegas we always go to Mesa Grill. My wife is a Bobby Flay fan.
I always get the fillet and have cut it with a fork.
I was impressed with Mesa Grill in Vegas. Excellent wine list and great service. I wouldn't have expected such attention and detail not knowing anything about Mesa Grill before eating there. Watching Flay on TV, I would have though it was a touch more casual.
[Reply]
Parshooter 08:10 AM 01-07-2011
We have 5 prime steakhouses within 2 miles of my house: Eddie Merlot's, Ruth's Chris, Hyde Park (chain out of Cleveland), Mitchell's (chain out of Columus) and J Gilbert's. We go to Gilberts 2-3 times a month, the others about once every 2 or 3 months.
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:13 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Scothew:
Im gonna have to look that place up J.
Come on down Scott we'll make trip!!
[Reply]
Steve 08:31 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
Of all the places ive been, I still prefer a nice ribeye on my grill at home.
Posted via Mobile Device
x2 :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:38 AM 01-07-2011
For a chain I like Morton's followed by El Gaucho. Ruth's Chris is a distant 3rd. Last time I was at Morton's I was able to have a cigar before dinner. Can't do that anymore.

El Gaucho (in Portland) still has a cigar room :-)
[Reply]
357 09:20 AM 01-07-2011
Leli's Italian Steakhouse in Auburn Hills. The original was in Detroit. Best Filet Mignon you'll ever taste. You don't have to chew it; it melts in your mouth. :-)

Plus it is a 5 course meal. It comes with an antipasto tray (cheese, cocktail shimp, etc), salad, spaghetti, then you're main course of steak & potatos, followed by desert. The standard desert is spumoni ice cream, but I would recommend the homemade chocolate ice cream instead.

I've had Ruth's Chris, and they make a good filet as well. Good, but not Leli's. But better yet is that you get all 5 courses for the same price as the "a le carte" filet from Ruth's Chris.

What I liked better about the downtown location was the atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, Auburn Hills is a better area, with good service, and a great dining room. What the orignal had was history and tradition. Leli's of Detroit didn't even have female waitresses. Not one. They had only male waitors, old italian guys, wearing tuxedos (w/ jacket). They would wait off to the side with a white towel over their arm just in case a need arose. Unreal service. Plus the building was old, dimly lit, very different feel than most places. Very "old school" fancy italian restaurant.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up