Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Good Eats>Super fattie contest
The Poet 03:46 PM 05-19-2010
Back in my college days, I used to roll fatties and smoke them all the time.

Only difference is, I was the one who got grilled.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:23 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:

:-):-)

You and me both brother!!
[Reply]
stearns 04:48 PM 05-19-2010
uhh... im hungry as heck right now after looking through this and the linked thread. dont have a smoker, how do these fair in a normal oven? or is it not even worth it?

stearns
[Reply]
Mr B 04:56 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by stearns:
uhh... im hungry as heck right now after looking through this and the linked thread. dont have a smoker, how do these fair in a normal oven? or is it not even worth it?

stearns

They do just fine in the oven. If you want smokey, just use a nice hickory smoked bacon. Go for about 250* until you get an "IT" of about 160*-165*. Cook it up on a cookie rack to let the fat drip off. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 05:06 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:
They do just fine in the oven. If you want smokey, just use a nice hickory smoked bacon.
You could also baste with a mix of liquid smoke and butter or add some liquid smoke to the ground meat before cooking.

Not all liquid smokes are the same, read the ingredients, some are artificial, some are 100% natural (like Wright's) flavor. I personally won't touch the artificially flavored ones.

I've only seen liquid smoke in hickory and mesquite flavors, which are probably the two most popular smoking woods in the US, not sure if there are any other flavors available or not.
[Reply]
Superbad 05:38 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:

:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:38 AM 05-20-2010

Originally Posted by Superbad:

[Reply]
CigarNut 10:53 AM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Are you even allowed to participate in this thread??? It's about pork??l :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 11:03 AM 05-20-2010
I made one last weekend? I used 2lbs of ground turkey and stuffed it with rice, spinach, and apple. I did wrap it with bacon. I was going to smoke it but the weather was crappy so into the oven it went. I liked it but it will be alot better next time. It was a first run and I learned alot. Next time I am thinking 1lb of ground pork with 1lb of ground sausage. I am going to fill it with cheese and spagetti sauce. I got an idea how to keep the sauce in there. I will post pics when I do it.
[Reply]
BigAsh 11:28 AM 05-20-2010

:-).....that explains why I ALWAYS serve my fatties with a side o' Doritos!
[Reply]
Scothew 01:00 PM 05-20-2010
My first fatty attempt is underway!!!

My wife was drooling over that thread at thesmokering, so i tried out a simple breakfast fatty. made a pancake and stripped it up and put inside, rolled, made basket weave. i ended up sticking it in the freezer for an hour to help firm it up some while i let the smoker get good and going. its on the smoker now, will pull off in a few hours.

First time ever doing hte basket weave thing. I was scared at first but it turned out ok. I think theres a few mis aligned spots, but hey i was on my lunch break and it was spur of the moment in making it.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:08 PM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Are you even allowed to participate in this thread??? It's about pork??l :-)
lol probably not.

SO. NOT. KOSHER.

lol, carry on.
[Reply]
T.G 12:23 PM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by Scothew:

My wife was drooling over that thread at thesmokering, so i tried out a simple breakfast fatty. made a pancake and stripped it up and put inside, rolled, made basket weave. i ended up sticking it in the freezer for an hour to help firm it up some while i let the smoker get good and going. its on the smoker now, will pull off in a few hours.

First time ever doing hte basket weave thing. I was scared at first but it turned out ok. I think theres a few mis aligned spots, but hey i was on my lunch break and it was spur of the moment in making it.
So, how did that part work out? Kind of curious as I would think a pancake would pretty much turn into a grease sponge inside a fatty...
[Reply]
Mr B 01:43 PM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by Scothew:

Looks good. The backon should shrink and tighten up a bit in the smoker.
[Reply]
OLS 02:34 PM 05-21-2010
I like the idea the guy had of putting cornbread mix in there. There was also a shot of something that
looked like tuna fish cans stuck on the end to keep the cheese at bay. Large Tuna cans, twice the size
of standard. I am just pleased to see people making them HERE. The thread at the smokering makes
people post "Game faces" and sorry, but some people need to stick with cooking and leave the modeling
to pros like me. ME? oh yeah, I modeled. Penis model for a condom catalogue.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 03:02 PM 05-21-2010
I feel kinda gross now Brad.
[Reply]
Mr B 04:20 PM 05-21-2010
Yikes
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:26 PM 05-21-2010
Definitely TIM!!!
[Reply]
T.G 04:41 PM 05-21-2010
Definitely TIM!!!
Who's Tim?

Actually, on second thought, I don't want to know. Forget I asked.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 05:13 PM 05-21-2010
Definitely TIM!!!
Was this supposed to be "TMI"?

Sounds like something is surpressed... :-)

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Up