Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>First Grill of season always tastes extra good!!!
chachee52 05:02 PM 03-13-2011
Now don't get the topic title wrong, I actually grill all winter long, but there is just something about grilling outside with just a t-shirt on and able to sit next to the grill and not freeze to death and listen to the steak sizzle on the grill.
Tonight was that moment!! About 5o degrees outside, a couple of butcher shop sirloins and some Yukon Gold home fries on the grill both perfectly done!! Medium rare steak and slightly golden brown potatoes:-), and a Padron 20th Ann. before dinner, what else can a man ask for? :-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 08:16 PM 03-13-2011
First grill of the season for me tonight, too! Maple bourbon chicken and buffalo wings, and the grilling experience was complimented by a Newcastle Brown Ale and a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne. An excellent evening, and the chicken tasted like summer!
[Reply]
HK3- 08:30 AM 03-14-2011
I did lamb burgers last night with onion and black olives inside. Put the burgers in a pita with yogurt sauce. Turned out really well.
[Reply]
longknocker 09:23 AM 03-14-2011
I Grill 2-3X/ Week All Year Round!:-) Just Bought A New MHP Grill That Works Great And Had Some Nice Steaks That Were Yummy!:-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:16 AM 03-24-2011
Doing my first pork butt of the year today. Its about 32 degrees outside but i couldn't wait any longer. Gonna sit on my covered back porch and watch the smoker while I enjoy an Oliva O. gonna be a great day.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:18 AM 03-24-2011
:-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:37 AM 03-24-2011

here is my smoker, i'll post more pics when the butt is done.
[Reply]
safariguy 09:37 AM 03-24-2011
My grill broke at the tail end of last summer. I mean it REALLY broke and is now sitting in the scrap metal pile. Been looking for a new one all winter but never really found a good sale. Part of it is that I insist on buying "made in the USA." Plus I'm looking for a charcoal grill, not gas. Anyway, this past Saturday night we had our first "cook outside" meal, even though it was hot dogs roasted over the open fire, it still tasted like summer!
[Reply]
ninjavanish 10:07 AM 03-24-2011
My First Burger of 2011.

Just your good ol' American Bacon Cheeseburger. No frills, just thrills.

About a 1/2 pound of 90% lean Angus Ground beef, 2 Slices of Extra sharp Cheddar, 3 slices of bacon, red onion, iceberg lettuce, vine ripe tomato, Ketchup, Mustard and a little Mayo on a fresh Kaiser.

Served with a side of Tots and an ice cold Miller High Life.

Not sure it gets much better than that.
Attached: Burger.jpg (119.7 KB) 
[Reply]
cobra03 10:17 AM 03-24-2011
You guys are killing me. My grill just got a 6 inch coating of snow yesterday.:-) Ahhh sping in Buffalo
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 12:05 PM 03-24-2011
3 hours in, only 5 more to go

[Reply]
chachee52 01:08 PM 03-24-2011
That's my next purchase is a nice smoker. But for right now, I'll stick to the gas grill. Been noticing that they are making a hybrid of gas and smoker all in one now.
But don't take this the wrong way....... That BUTT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:50 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
My First Burger of 2011.

Just your good ol' American Bacon Cheeseburger. No frills, just thrills.

About a 1/2 pound of 90% lean Angus Ground beef, 2 Slices of Extra sharp Cheddar, 3 slices of bacon, red onion, iceberg lettuce, vine ripe tomato, Ketchup, Mustard and a little Mayo on a fresh Kaiser.

Served with a side of Tots and an ice cold Miller High Life.

Not sure it gets much better than that.
How do you keep the food from sliding off the plate?? Also, how come the beer is all gone, but the food isn't touched? :-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 03:15 PM 03-24-2011
6.5 hours in the smoker.....................getting closer!!!:-)

[Reply]
Fordman4ever 05:32 PM 03-24-2011
Just pulled the Butt off the smoker, once it has had time to rest I will post more pictures.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 07:07 PM 03-24-2011
Done, going in the crock pot till morning.

[Reply]
Eleven 07:28 PM 03-24-2011
I got no pics, but we grilled for the first time this year a few days ago. And you're right it was special. Not so much what we cooked, but just doing it.

I had the laptop on the patio, and smoked a Rocky Patel Decade Robusto. We cooked a ton of chicken and turkey burgers and some awesome Tilapia in barbecue sauce.

It was nice enough to eat outside as well. Now it's freezing and threatening snow again!
[Reply]
Stephen 04:36 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Done, going in the crock pot till morning.

I like big butts and I cannot lie! :-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 05:08 PM 03-31-2011
Alright, I'm going for it.

Cored the cabbage

cooked up bacon, onions, garlic and butter.

Filled the cabbage

gonna throw it on the smoker tomorrow for about 3-4 hours then into the oven for about 2 hours. Can't wait to see how it turns out.:-)
Here's what I'm gonna smoke tomorrow.
[Reply]
timo 05:18 PM 03-31-2011
Here's what I'm gonna smoke tomorrow.
That looks yummy
[Reply]
Up