Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Montecristo 1999 Reserve
itzfrank 01:24 PM 05-05-2010
Just had one of these out by the pool today. I must admit, I wasn't much of a fan. It didn't fit my palette very well or maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it. It was my first Monte and I was hoping to enjoy it as much as everyone claims out here. Now, it's not a stick that many people write about but I also looked it up on my iPhone app "Cigar Review" and many people had the same issues with theirs.

Noob Review: It had some woody and nutty tones to it. Draw was very tight until the half way mark. Very inconsistent production of smoke and found that it was usually on the light side. It became a completely different cigar for the 2nd half and began producing more smoke and had more of a woody tone to it. I was much more pleased with it as I came closer to the last 3rd. It had burn issues throughout the smoke though and tunneled during the first 1/3.

I've had 2 in my humi at 65-67 for the last 2 weeks. I'll give the 2nd one a shot at a later time.

Anyone else had one of these before?
[Reply]
BryanB 10:43 AM 05-06-2010
I was not impressed. The only NC Montes worth the time are the whites and the series c. To me the others are flat and not exciting.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up