Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Reviews>Blind Pipe Tobacco Review!!
Nick 11:31 PM 01-31-2009
Smoked nearly the entire sample of this blend today as I am breaking in the heal of my new Savinelli bent pot. I smoked this blend in half bowl increments throughout the day and the most fascinating thing about this blend was how consistent it was. Going through about 5-6 half bowls today it never once gurgled or became damp. The taste was also very consistent and fulfilling. This blend burned to a fine ash every time (all of this very impressive in a brand new pipe) with out nary a hiccup.

Smelled sweet and tasty in the bag but I know I'm not trying to eat it so I lit it up. From the beginning I find this to be a very satisfying straight sweet Virginia with a little bit of edginess usually found in Perique. I'm usually not a huge straight Virginia smoker but of all the ones I have had this is the most complex and interesting. The sweetness smelled in the bag translates to a nice sweetness in the pipe and it performed very well as an all day smoke. This is the first time I have smoked one blend this much in one day and it did not disappoint one bit. I think this must be Old Gowrie as this is how I remember it but please greg don't tell me until I smoke the other sample I don't want to taint the review.

Overall 8.5/10

Thanks Greg

P.S. Gonna have to give this pipe a few days rest before I do the second review.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 10:38 AM 02-01-2009
nick, was that the A or B blend you smoked?
[Reply]
Nick 03:28 PM 02-01-2009
Sorry should have mentioned that was A.
[Reply]
Killjoy 09:02 AM 02-02-2009
I smoked the A blend yesterday afternoon (pre super bowl). I noticed a real heavy sweetness in it as well. I also picked up some vanilla too. My friend smoked some too and he noticed the sweet notes too. I have no freaking clue of what it could be. the smoke was real interesting, I thought it was fairly mild and sweet. I would definately smoke this one again. I am going to try the B tonight and then make a better judgement out of which of the two is better.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 12:36 PM 02-02-2009
thx.
i had blend B today on the drive in to work.
nice solid smoke. i won't go into any review of it.

just trying to see if others taste the same things i do and see the differences between these two blends.
i should've done this with old Escudo and Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls.
[Reply]
BigFrank 03:53 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
thx.
i had blend B today on the drive in to work.
nice solid smoke. i won't go into any review of it.

just trying to see if others taste the same things i do and see the differences between these two blends.
i should've done this with old Escudo and Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls.
blind review #2?
[Reply]
Curly Cut 04:11 PM 02-02-2009
don't have anymore of the dunhill stuff, i don't think.
[Reply]
Benwoo 06:47 AM 02-05-2009
Where's the updates? :-) I'm intrigued!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:31 AM 02-05-2009
I'm gonna try each out after I eat some lunch
[Reply]
Nick 07:01 PM 02-05-2009
Blend B

Smells close to the same as Blend A in the bag. Colors texture moisture is all the same as blend B. First thing I notice is that this blend seems to have a little bit more edge to it than bend A. I thought the first blend has some nice peppery flavor and aroma but this stuff has a bit more I think. Sweetness is there and the roundness of flavors is also there, I find it a tad boring like the other blend and can't really decide if I like one better than the other. I am a bit stumped however and can't decided which is which, I am beginning to think that this is old gowrie.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 08:05 PM 02-05-2009
well, nick, tough call, you think both are Old Gowrie??

did you finish both blends already?
[Reply]
Nick 08:18 PM 02-05-2009
I finished them, I can't freaking figure out which one is which.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 08:26 PM 02-05-2009
that wasn't the point though. what did you like/dislike about both? :-)
[Reply]
Nick 08:48 PM 02-05-2009
Blend A burned a little bit better which I liked but seemed milder and more boring which I didn't like so much. Blend B didn't burn quite as well but still didn't give much trouble and it seemed to have a little more "guts."
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:12 PM 02-05-2009
I lied about smoking, there aren't enough hours in the day sometimes

I'll try again saturday
[Reply]
Curly Cut 08:15 AM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
Blend A burned a little bit better which I liked but seemed milder and more boring which I didn't like so much. Blend B didn't burn quite as well but still didn't give much trouble and it seemed to have a little more "guts."
i like your first description of blend A better. :-)
[Reply]
Killjoy 08:17 AM 02-06-2009
I smoked Blend B yesterday, the Big difference I noticed was all th sweetness from Blend A was gone, and it was a heavier smoke. I think I liked Blend A better.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 05:00 PM 02-07-2009
ok, I"m headed out right now to go smoke them

details at a later time
[Reply]
DrDubzz 07:21 PM 02-07-2009
A: sweet virginia, but not unnaturally sweet.

B: virginia, not as much sweetness, fuller body, more smoke

B was more enjoyable to smoke... but I liked the taste of A better if I had to pick
[Reply]
Curly Cut 08:52 AM 02-08-2009
Blend A = Hal O' th Wynd
Blend B = Old Gowrie

thanks for playing.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up