Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Best Scissor Cutter
pullins10 07:17 AM 05-25-2015
thinking about moving to a scissor cutter...

anyone have any thoughts or preference about a scissor cutter (brand, style, etc) :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:15 AM 05-25-2015
I have a Xikar multi-tool scissor cutter, used it yesterday.
It's cool, I just never use it.
[Reply]
SSDVC 08:44 AM 06-05-2015
I'll have to second the Xikar. Good cutter and they last through a ton of smokes.

Plus, Xikar supports the troops over here, so I don't mind spending money on their stuff at all.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:57 AM 06-05-2015
Xikar for me as well. Very sharp.
[Reply]
stearns 09:08 AM 06-05-2015
I hate to be one of those "they were better before they redid them" people, but the xikar scissors were better before they redid them. I found an old set that had a squared top, and have "made in Italy" on them instead of the new ones from Taiwan. Two of the tools are the same, the other two are way better; one is an actual little knife and the other is some funky bottle opener/lighter adjuster thing that's awesome. I find they're also sharper and the blades don't cross and get stuck, like my newer ones sometimes do if you put a little too much force on the cutter.

Nothing wrong with he newer ones, I have a pair of those as well, but I love my older one :-)

Edit: found a picture

[Reply]
tsolomon 05:55 AM 06-06-2015
I think most of us have multiple cutters that we use. I have been using my Xikar scissors a lot more lately to trim my cigars. I like to be able to just shave off a little piece at a time and then check the draw. My Palio is still my go to when I'm out at a herf, golf course or cigar bar. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 06:07 AM 06-06-2015
I've been toying with the idea of getting this one:

http://www.cubancrafters.com/revolut...ceted_search=0

Any thoughts on these?
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 06:59 AM 06-06-2015
I have one. It was one of the first cutters I got when I first started down the slope. It is pretty descent but a little big to carry around.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 07:33 AM 06-06-2015
I'll send you mine if you want to try it Mickey.
[Reply]
Up