Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cabinet Interior Lighting
HB Toaster 05:03 PM 02-19-2015
[I'm still probably gonna beat these guys]I like confidence Scott. But... This weekend I designed my layout and made practice connections with my strips and wire. My wife, who doesn't really understand (or maybe care) about my fancy lighting, did take notice when I started flashing different colors and speeds. Now I just need to finish. Looking forward to this weekend. Pictures are coming. I will show the different materials I used also. Wire management seems to be the biggest challenge as I am trying to conceal as much wire as I can.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:14 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by HB Toaster:
[I'm still probably gonna beat these guys]I like confidence Scott. But... This weekend I designed my layout and made practice connections with my strips and wire. My wife, who doesn't really understand (or maybe care) about my fancy lighting, did take notice when I started flashing different colors and speeds. Now I just need to finish. Looking forward to this weekend. Pictures are coming. I will show the different materials I used also. Wire management seems to be the biggest challenge as I am trying to conceal as much wire as I can.
:-) cool!!!! Take shot by shot pics, be very thorough please :-)
[Reply]
HB Toaster 11:27 AM 03-02-2015
This is a taste of my lighting project in my Montegue
humidor. I will add more detail to this when I can.
Busy at work today, but just wanted to give an idea.
:-)
Attached:
[Reply]
shilala 12:39 PM 03-02-2015
Bad. Ass.
Well done, Walt!!! :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 06:58 AM 03-03-2015
That looks great Walt!!!! That is totally what I want to do.....i'm just too stupid to do it.
[Reply]
HB Toaster 12:52 PM 03-03-2015
Thanks Scott and Mickey. I had never done much low voltage lighting before but it is not that hard to do once you understand the basics. You need LED lighting (about 16' for my humidor) a controller, transformer, RGB wire (About 10 Meters) and some connector strips to transfer from the LED strips to the wire. The most important thing I learned though is to buy good wire strippers. The ones that are made by Irwin (Vice Grips) are in my opinion the best. Crimping connectors takes a little practice but is relatively easy once you get it. A stapler is helpful also to tack the wire and strips where you want it to go. I used a wide staple to make sure I didn't pierce the strips or wire. I used two LED strips under each shelf but probably one would have worked also.

Everything you need can be purchased from Amazon or equal, online. My total cost was about $60.

Mickey send me your email address in a private message and I will forward more detailed info.

Laying everything out probably took an hour. Putting it together took about 4 hours. It is fun to try the different colors and light patterns, or just to be able to see all your cigars at night. One thing that the bright light showed me was that I do have some air leaks around my door hinges. Another project...
[Reply]
Sadden 02:45 PM 03-03-2015
Haha , no progress here. Had a tooth out last week , with some minor complications. And getting married in april so most of my time/energy/money has been going in that direction. Also been so crazy with work I have barely had time to breath.

I will get around to it sometime though!
[Reply]
irratebass 02:01 PM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by HB Toaster:
Thanks Scott and Mickey. I had never done much low voltage lighting before but it is not that hard to do once you understand the basics. You need LED lighting (about 16' for my humidor) a controller, transformer, RGB wire (About 10 Meters) and some connector strips to transfer from the LED strips to the wire. The most important thing I learned though is to buy good wire strippers. The ones that are made by Irwin (Vice Grips) are in my opinion the best. Crimping connectors takes a little practice but is relatively easy once you get it. A stapler is helpful also to tack the wire and strips where you want it to go. I used a wide staple to make sure I didn't pierce the strips or wire. I used two LED strips under each shelf but probably one would have worked also.

Everything you need can be purchased from Amazon or equal, online. My total cost was about $60.

Mickey send me your email address in a private message and I will forward more detailed info.

Laying everything out probably took an hour. Putting it together took about 4 hours. It is fun to try the different colors and light patterns, or just to be able to see all your cigars at night. One thing that the bright light showed me was that I do have some air leaks around my door hinges. Another project...

Thanks for the offer.......pm sent

Originally Posted by Sadden:
Haha , no progress here. Had a tooth out last week , with some minor complications. And getting married in april so most of my time/energy/money has been going in that direction. Also been so crazy with work I have barely had time to breath.

I will get around to it sometime though!
Sadden....congrats bro.....yeah, you're going through a lot right now....no worries.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up