Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Duarte Reserva robusto
Don Fernando 09:38 PM 10-13-2011
Another Don Duarte review, third in a row and the third different blend too. This time I smoked the Don Duarte Reserva robusto, a 5x52 Nicaraguan puro from the Plasencia factory blended by Don Roger Duarte and the legendary Evelio Oviedo. All the tobacco used for this cigar has been aged for at least two years. The price is € 7,60

The wrapper is nice and dark and full of oil with just a few thin veins. The color and the crest on the band fit the color of the wrapper perfectly. The cigar has the smell of a barn full of hay with a hint of leather. The construction is good, just like the predraw which has a raisin flavor.

I taste coffee with a hint of leather, some sweetness and a bit of pepper. After half an inch I taste herbs with heather and some sweetness. I taste a little bit of pepper in the aftertaste. After an inch the cigar gets sweeter with sweet leather and some herbs. The aftertaste remains mild peppery.

Halfway I taste a spicy, peppery but sweet wood flavor with herbs. The wood slowly grows in strength and some spices join the flavors, spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. After two thirds the cigar gets spicier with sweet wood, pepper and herbs. The aftertaste is full on pepper.

This cigar lasted me for ninety minutes. The smoke is beautiful and thick. The draw is great just like the burn. The pepper and salt colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
ninjavanish 12:01 PM 10-14-2011
And where might one be able to find one of these in the US?

I looked on their website and it says they distribute in the US but I haven't found a single hit on any of the big boy websites... a google search yeilds a bunch of garbage.

I'd love to try one if they can be had here.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:40 PM 10-14-2011
Can't help you with that. I can give you a few addies in The Netherlands thought :-)
[Reply]
Up