Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Adipati premium
Don Fernando 09:45 AM 01-25-2009
This cigar was given to me by the employee of a cigarshop I frequently visited in the past. It is a 8 ˝ inch long Indonesian cigar and a bit conically shaped, ring 40 at the mouth end of the cigar and ring 44 at the fire end. The cigar I smoked had the print “especially blended and hand rolled for Massimo” printed on the golden cellophane.

The aroma of this cigar was very dry hay. The wrapper was quite dark and had lots of veins and had a silky feel to it. The construction felt good. The draw was a bit hard and the ash turned out to be white. This cigar didn’t produce a lot of smoke, probably due to the hard draw. The smoke felt cool, due to the length of the cigar. The aroma of the lit cigar was terrible, harsh.

I could taste dry leather, not comparable to the Cuban leather though and after an inch there was a bit of chocolate noticeable. Later on the cigar became a bit sweet and the chocolate disappeared. The texture of the smoke left a creamy feel in my mouth. The flavor is very consistent, not a lot of depth in this cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, even though it is seasonable priced

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6 / 10
Aroma (last part) 6 / 10
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 09:49 AM 01-25-2009
Just looked them up, because I liked the gold foil wrapper. They range from $1.25 to $2.50 (the one Don Fernando smoked).
[Reply]
Up