Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826 Robusto
Kreth 05:35 PM 01-23-2009
I got this stick in a bomb from Coz77, and I figured I'd take advantage of the (relatively) warm weather to give it a try.

Humidor time: None (in mine, anyway)

Prelight: The Connecticut natural wrapper looks nice, with a double cap. Prelight draw is nice, very mild. The band is a simple black and silver/grey.

Burn: This cigar kept developing a slightly uneven burn (possibly due to wind) that I had to touch up a few times. Ash was nice and firm. I didn't really get to see how long it held on as I kept tapping it off to touch up the burn. Draw was easy, and the burn time was just under an hour.

Flavor: This cigar was a nice change from the maduros I've been smoking lately. It had a creamy, mocha taste to it, with a very slight vanilla aftertaste.

Summary: This was a great smoke. I almost burned my fingers, and I'll be picking up more of these for my humidor.
[Reply]
borndead1 06:06 PM 01-23-2009
Good mild smokes for very little money. Thanks for the review and the reminder!
[Reply]
Coz77 11:15 AM 01-26-2009
Nice review Jeff....glad you enjoyed it!
[Reply]
Kreth 11:22 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Coz77:
Nice review Jeff....glad you enjoyed it!
Definitely. Just out of curiousity, how long was that resting in your humi before you bombed me with it?
[Reply]
Coz77 11:47 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Definitely. Just out of curiousity, how long was that resting in your humi before you bombed me with it?
9/14/08 is when I won them on Cbid....so they had a little over 4 months on them.
[Reply]
Kreth 11:54 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Coz77:
9/14/08 is when I won them on Cbid....so they had a little over 4 months on them.
So if I put in an order now for a bundle, they should be nicely rested in time for golf season... :-)
[Reply]
Up