Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Partagas Spanish Rosado
Don Fernando 08:35 AM 01-21-2009
This is a non Cuban partagas, my first non Cuban partagas ever and with the experience from the non Cuban Bolivar I smoked I feared for the worst although the cigar looks good with the beautiful and dark wrapper and small veins. The aroma is light and reminds me of hay. The cigar feels well constructed, no hard nor soft spots on this cigar. The predraw leaves a dry taste in my mouth bit the draw is good.

I can taste coffee, full of flavor but not too strong. After an inch I can taste some leather through the coffee and after an inch there is some wood, soon to be followed by leather while the coffee disappeared. On the background I could taste some chocolate and later some pepper, nice and spicy. The cigar grows in strength.

The ash is silvergrey, the burn is perfect and there is enough smoke. This cigar is a keeper, medium to full bodied and full of flavor.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 8 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
[Reply]
Volt 08:45 AM 01-21-2009
Of the 3 rosados I have tried, i like them in this order:

1. Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente King "B" Rosado Sun Grown, just yummy
2. Partagas Partagas Spanish Rosado
3. Rocky Patel Rosado

Although I'm not generally an AF fan, this cigar is considerably better than the other 2 IMO. If you want to try one let me know.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:54 AM 01-21-2009
flashback Michael, we already had this conversation in chat. But at least you grew some manners, now you ask me if I want to try one, in chat you threathened to bomb me :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 09:37 AM 01-21-2009
Love this cigar. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:48 AM 01-21-2009
There is a little tubo of this same blend that I like occasionally, but I did not care for the larger formats. :-)
[Reply]
GKitty 09:50 AM 01-21-2009
I've had a couple of these and really enjoyed them.

Thanks for the review, Don.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 10:10 AM 01-21-2009
I was gifted one of these and it's been resting for a couple of months now. Looking forward to trying it, thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 10:40 AM 01-21-2009
I've yet to try a Partagas of any sort, however, I think I'll go for it after seeing this review.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Volt 10:59 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
flashback Michael, we already had this conversation in chat. But at least you grew some manners, now you ask me if I want to try one, in chat you threathened to bomb me :-)
Hmm I'm getting old anf forgetfull. It will ship by the end of next week. And a little something for Simon.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 11:26 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Hmm I'm getting old anf forgetfull. It will ship by the end of next week. And a little something for Simon.
Dammit Don, you should really learn when to keep your mouth shut... how did I end up in this btw?
[Reply]
Sailchaser 11:30 AM 01-21-2009
Nicely Done Review I like the rating scale on the bottom of the post along with the pictures. I am a fan of this stick and also would buy them again
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:02 PM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyNL:
Dammit Don, you should really learn when to keep your mouth shut... how did I end up in this btw?
Don't worry Simon, we're hitting back remember?
[Reply]
G G 03:47 PM 01-21-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie.:-)
[Reply]
Cigary 03:56 PM 01-21-2009
This is a very good cigar when I want to change things up from my regular cigars that I smoke.
[Reply]
lenguamor 06:46 PM 01-21-2009

3. Rocky Patel Rosado

Although I'm not generally an AF fan, this cigar is considerably better than the other 2 IMO. If you want to try one let me know.
The King B is just a great cigar. The Opus X's are Rosados also, and their legend is spread far and wide.

I bought a box of the Partagas Spanish Rosado when they first debuted and was so unimpressed that I gave it away. I'm glad they've improved.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 08:12 PM 01-21-2009

3. Rocky Patel Rosado

Originally Posted by lenguamor:
The King B is just a great cigar. The Opus X's are Rosados also, and their legend is spread far and wide.

I bought a box of the Partagas Spanish Rosado when they first debuted and was so unimpressed that I gave it away. I'm glad they've improved.
Likewise I bought a box 2-3 years ago and thought they were okay, but not overly impressive. Gave away a bunch, but buried a handful in the bottom of the catch-all humidor. I accidentally dug one up a month or so ago and figured I'd give it a whirl. While I'm not running out to buy more, it wasn't really a bad cigar. Age may have helped it a bit.

Haven't had the Rocky, but I'd also rank the King B ahead of the Partagas by a wide margin.
[Reply]
Silound 10:21 PM 01-21-2009
Another decent rosado is the Hoyo de Tradicion. It's wrapped in a Honduran viso-rosado wrapper. Not something to jump for joy at, but a solid cigar.
[Reply]
Killjoy 11:30 AM 01-22-2009

3. Rocky Patel Rosado

I am a big fan of the King B too. I have never tried a Partagas Rosado, but I do like that Blacks and whatnot. I will have to give one of these a try next time I see them around...thanks for the review!!!
[Reply]
Steelergar 11:45 AM 01-22-2009
Don Pepin JJ and the My Father are both Rosado and very good.
[Reply]
Up