Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Anyone else miss the days of pulling an all nighter studying?
forgop 05:42 PM 10-13-2010
I have a physiology exam tomorrow afternoon. I'll be on the patio for the evening with coffee in one hand and a cigar until around 6am, then it's off to campus to study for my 4:30pm exam. I tried those 5 hour energy drinks last time but they seem to make it difficult to read.
[Reply]
hotreds 05:44 PM 10-13-2010
no
[Reply]
GolfNut 05:44 PM 10-13-2010
No.

Good luck on the exam Duane! :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 05:44 PM 10-13-2010
Nope, though that's how I went through college. Finals week was all all nighters, eating frozen pizzas and ramen, then crashing at the end of the week and puking. I would have a cigar at the end of the week but not while studying. Wow, that was over 20 years ago. Nope, don't miss it a bit.
[Reply]
Eleven 05:45 PM 10-13-2010
I haven't *had* to study for over 25 years, and can't remember if I ever pulled an all nighter studying, but I frequently work all night.

I work at home, so its not much different than working during the day. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:46 PM 10-13-2010
Just Don't Stay Up All Nite! I Still Remember Doing That In College & Flunking The Test Big Time The Next Morning. I Couldn't Concentrate At All. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:47 PM 10-13-2010
Those days are still here for me Duane:-) It will only get worse for me in law school though:-)
[Reply]
amlique 05:54 PM 10-13-2010
I SOOOO miss that period of my life. Maybe not those specific nights, but all the other times, YES. I'm glad, however, that I did not smoke cigars very often in college, as it would have really put a hole in my beer budget :-)
Good luck on the test!
[Reply]
forgop 06:12 PM 10-13-2010
Taking anatomy and physiology (5 credit hours each) at the same time will certainly put a cramp in my 3.82 GPA from last semester. :-)

I'm enjoying a Famous Nic 3000 that came in today...I guess it'll be a Boli RC, RASS, and PSD4 to serve through the next 4-5 hours. May have to break out a Sir Winnie and a RG Gigantes when the going gets really tough. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:14 PM 10-13-2010
It took me a long time to get through school, but I don't think I ever pulled an all-nighter. I was a procrastinator but never to that extent. Good luck with the exam, though. Do try to get some sleep so you will feel good during the exam.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:27 PM 10-13-2010
I always found time for a beer and some sex during the all-night study sessions.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:29 PM 10-13-2010
I was never a "all nighter" while studying guy.... I figured what I didn't know at 11:00-12:00 PM wasn't going to stick now.... A good nights rest was far more important.... That theory worked out quite well....

Now all nighters banging strange......:-)

(I don't miss those days, I am quite content.....but those are better memories than studying)
[Reply]
forgop 06:32 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I always found time for a beer and some sex during the all-night study sessions.
Probably would have been better had you not studied alone. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:33 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
:-)
[Reply]
hscmit 06:34 PM 10-13-2010
never did all-nighters, living in a rugby house if I didnt study between 6 and 10am I wasnt going to
[Reply]
Skywalker 06:35 PM 10-13-2010
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
sikk50 07:58 PM 10-13-2010
I can't wait to be done having to do all nighters! Mine are usually to write papers though
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:02 PM 10-13-2010
To answer the thread topic.. "I do Not!"

No joke, I still wakeup in the middle of the night from bad dreams of thinking i overslept for tests, failed classes, didn't graduate, and such. I am so glad that college (classes, coursework, studying) are behind me. Though, the memories of meeting great people and having great times are always a joy to revisit.

Truth be told. From where I am now in life I wish i would have done a couple things diffferent in terms of where i went to school. Might have studied similar courses... but deff. would have picked a private school.
[Reply]
forgop 08:12 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Truth be told. From where I am now in life I wish i would have done a couple things diffferent in terms of where i went to school. Might have studied similar courses... but deff. would have picked a private school.
Why? So you can pay 3x as much for a private school? :-)

Judging by your location, if it was O$U, I don't blame ya. :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:18 PM 10-13-2010
Why? So you can pay 3x as much for a private school? :-)

Judging by your location, if it was O$U, I don't blame ya. :-)
To address the private school 3x price jab:
I think for the "what I want to do in life" there are programs out there that exist in several schools that are top notch and that teach you more of the "practical application" more than the "here's what you want to learn about X".

For the OSU jab:
I didn't go to Ohio State... but way to assume that all people from Columbus went to Ohio State.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up