Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Kitchen Remodel
cmitch 09:31 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Bought a GE dishwasher, died in less than 2 yrs. Have the top Bosch now and love it. Don't buy it at big box and wait for sales. Ours was way less than HD, Lowe's price and not much more than the 800 series cost. I'd buy again or the 800. 800 was a two month wait.

Also recently bought a GE profile counter depth fridge. Love it too. Replaced a Samsung, never again there.

Feel the same with LG.

Gonna probably do GE for a new stove soon.
I have never had ANY luck with GE appliances. Bought a GE freezer first. It failed in less than 2 weeks. Lost everything in it. Tried a GE above stove microwave that was on sale. It wasn't even a year old and heard a loud pop while we were using it and it died. Power supply.
[Reply]
cmitch 09:47 AM 07-29-2021
Your kitchen looks amazing.

I used to make cabinets. I made my own for last 2 houses. I have a couple of beggars who want some made but I'd rather not. I'm done.

My neighbor is replacing his island and all tops. The workers were removing his old granite top from his island and dropped it busting up his hardwood floor. He is pissed. Owner of company says they will take care of it. They just finished yesterday and this was started in early May.

As far as appliances. I am a big fan of Bosch. I had a Bosch dishwasher but it didn't have the drying element so my wife hated it. But it was very quiet. NEVER buy anything Samsung. I HATE our refrigerator. We bought it in 2016 and it started building up ice below freezer drawer in 2018. Every month or so I have to remove freezer basket and bust nearly a 5 gallon bucket full of ice out of it. Samsung will not do ANYTHING about it. They'll never sell me another one. The same neighbor that replaced his island has one and he delegated it to reserve duty in his laundry room. He disconnected ice maker and his still freezes up under freezer.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:53 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by bonjing:
These might be a little better resolution.

ImageD633E754-8167-4B92-AF60-B3B7C08FC9FD by Greg A, on Flickr

Image7CD51359-8C89-4C31-915F-67AA40BD5102 by Greg A, on Flickr
How about a coffee? You got that covered.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:14 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Axeman:
Very modern and nice.
What's with that one window being lower than the other? It disrupts the symmetry of the room. I've opened up walls with odd windows to find that the framing showed even odder structure that was there before. You see that on the remodeling shows a lot. They say "Oh!" and cut to commercial. Then they come back and explain why the budget is going to be blown.
Thank you, the windows are still original and that is how it was built. If the window was raised we would have brought the counter out further and plumbed the espresso machine. That would also have upped the budget.

Originally Posted by markem:
That's stellar, Greg! Amazing use of that space. I really like the grey theme.
Thank you, Sir! The wife will appreciate you saying that, all her idea. I got to pick the knife holder.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
How about a coffee? You got that covered.
Coffee I can make for you. :-)
French press I can do. :-)
pour over somewhat. :-)
Espresso not yet :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up