Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>XIKAR Digital Hygrometer for $4.50!!!
md4958 10:37 AM 07-06-2009
Eric seems like the price wasnt realistic. That doesnt mean I didnt click on that link as soon as I saw it :-):-)

Ive ordered from Eric in the past and can vouch that hes a stand-up guy and has EXCELLENT pricing on his cigar stock.
[Reply]
bigloo 10:53 AM 07-06-2009
Eric, no problem man. As I said, if this was a pricing error, go ahead and cancel!
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:59 PM 07-06-2009
No sweat Eric. I hope the additional item I ordered also gets canceled. I'd hate to pay $9 shipping for one cigar.

The elusive 601 blue label once again evades me...
[Reply]
AD720 07:39 AM 07-07-2009
Still no email with an explaination of what happened or confirmation of cancelation of order here.
[Reply]
T.G 08:05 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by Eric @ The Party:
Sorry guys. That price was an error, we are and have been out of stock on that item for some time. At that price we were losing money. Sorry for the confusion. Our web director Alex Gehler will be contacting you with an explanation.
Shiat happens, I'm cool with that.

My only complaint would be that it's been two days since you posted and I still haven't recieved an email about the cancelation.
[Reply]
AD720 08:11 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
Shiat happens, I'm cool with that.

My only complaint would be that it's been two days since you posted and I still haven't recieved an email about the cancelation.

:-)

Totally agree with this. Accidents happen but no email = bad business. :-)

It's a shame because I've heard so many good things about The Party Source but this is going to influence my future purchasing.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:11 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Still no email with an explaination of what happened or confirmation of cancelation of order here.
Still waiting to hear from them as well..need to see if my credit card was charged.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:19 PM 07-08-2009
I PM'ed Eric a few days ago...no response. Not sure what is going on.
[Reply]
white_s2k 12:20 AM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I PM'ed Eric a few days ago...no response. Not sure what is going on.
Same here. Anyone received an email yet?
[Reply]
Eric @ The Party 12:33 PM 07-09-2009
I don't recieve emails from this site when I get PMs. Any Ideas how to fix this? Alex is out of the office today and I was off yesterday. No cards have been charged and all orders have been canceled. I did notify the thread when I found out there was a problem with price. Alex told me he would contact all of you. The problem is that the price was entered incorrectly. I'm sorry to any that thought they were misled. It is our policy to offer great pricing. However, we cannot honor pricing below our cost and I know none of you would want us to take a loss like that. This obviously was not done on purpose as we do not want any bad pub.

Anyone that feels like they were the victims of bad business please contact me for your next cigar purchase to recieve 10% off.

Thanks,
Eric Brown
Associate Store Manager
The Party Source.
866-78CIGAR
[Reply]
Eric @ The Party 12:37 PM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Same here. Anyone received an email yet?

Sorry, I did not see a PM from you. Why am I not being notified of pms or replies to threads?
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:44 PM 07-09-2009
Eric, I fully understand about the human error effect and pricing. However, I was waiting for the email from Alex (as you posted in the thread earlier) and it never arrived. When someone tells me I will receive something, I expect it (that's just me). Might want to work on the simple communication. Thanks for the resolution.
[Reply]
T.G 12:46 PM 07-09-2009
Sorry, I did not see a PM from you. Why am I not being notified of pms or replies to threads?
Go into your user control panel ("User CP" link towards the top left of the page - about an inch or so below the G in Cigar Asylum).

On the left side of the page, look for "Edit Options" (4th link under "settings & options". All of the auto notifiers are there.

Be advised though that the subscribed thread reply auto-notifier will only send notifications for, I think it's 36 or 48 hours, then it stops sending them until you log back in or visit the forum (anti-spam protection).

Hope that helps some.
[Reply]
white_s2k 12:49 PM 07-09-2009
Eric, I fully understand about the human error effect and pricing. However, I was waiting for the email from Alex (as you posted in the thread earlier) and it never arrived. When someone tells me I will receive something, I expect it (that's just me). Might want to work on the simple communication. Thanks for the resolution.
I agree. I'm not upset, was just waiting on an email that was never sent. My CC info was given to your company and no email sent explaining what was going on.

Thanks for updating the thread though.
[Reply]
T.G 12:50 PM 07-09-2009
Same here.

I can fully accept and understand the pricing error and have no problem with the resolution, I just think that it would have been more appropriate to notify me, and other customers, via email on Monday at the moment our orders were canceled, rather than having us, three days later, simply stumble upon the reason why we haven't been billed and haven't recieved a shipping number, that's all.
[Reply]
T.G 12:52 PM 07-09-2009
Oh, and since this would have been my first order with your company, and it was canceled, do I need to re signup for the discount cards or frequent buyer cards (I forget the exact details)? And also do I need to re-subscribe for mailings?
[Reply]
shilala 01:34 PM 07-09-2009
Alex told me he would contact all of you.
Sounds like Alex could use a little kick in the ass. If it was his responsibility to get apology emails out, he's getting you a mess of bad press by not doing what he said he'd do.
Unless he's dead or in the hospital, a "can you get your head out of your ass and do your job" speech might help.
That said, he may simply not have the data if it was a website glitch.
The guys would understand that, too.
I wasn't even affected cause I clicked on the link and nothing was there, plus I knew the price was wrong. It was obvious.
Despite that, just hearing "Alex's fault" annoyed me. I'm guessing it didn't help anyone else feel better, either.
That's just my :-) and I know you do good business, and I can't count how many times you've been highly and personally recommended to me.
Don't let Alex put a ding in that. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:07 PM 07-09-2009
Don't worry Eric, I won't have a problem continuing to support your store :-)
[Reply]
AD720 02:26 PM 07-09-2009
I don't recieve emails from this site when I get PMs. Any Ideas how to fix this? Alex is out of the office today and I was off yesterday. No cards have been charged and all orders have been canceled. I did notify the thread when I found out there was a problem with price. Alex told me he would contact all of you. The problem is that the price was entered incorrectly. I'm sorry to any that thought they were misled. It is our policy to offer great pricing. However, we cannot honor pricing below our cost and I know none of you would want us to take a loss like that. This obviously was not done on purpose as we do not want any bad pub.

Anyone that feels like they were the victims of bad business please contact me for your next cigar purchase to recieve 10% off.

Thanks,
Eric Brown
Associate Store Manager
The Party Source.
866-78CIGAR
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
I agree. I'm not upset, was just waiting on an email that was never sent. My CC info was given to your company and no email sent explaining what was going on.

Thanks for updating the thread though.
Originally Posted by T.G:
Same here.

I can fully accept and understand the pricing error and have no problem with the resolution, I just think that it would have been more appropriate to notify me, and other customers, via email on Monday at the moment our orders were canceled, rather than having us, three days later, simply stumble upon the reason why we haven't been billed and haven't recieved a shipping number, that's all.

:-)

Exactly. You now have my credit card information and I've gotten no *official* correspondence regarding this. As a matter of fact I emailed you and still haven't gotten a response. A forum post is a nice courtesy but I'd like to see something official saying that the order was canceled. A post on Cigar Asylum isn't good enough for me or my records and wouldn't be good enough for my bank if all of a sudden the charge showed up on my credit card (not saying that I think that is going to happen but accidents do happen).

I don't want to see you selling anything at a loss, god knows it's tough enough to keep the lights on and turn a profit. Like I said accidents happen and even to the big guys (Amazon.com, etc) but when they do cancel orders they let the customer know that the order was canceled and why.
[Reply]
AD720 12:13 PM 07-10-2009
I wanted to report that I got an email from Alex, from the Party Source, explaining the situation.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up