Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Good Eats>What's your favorite Pizza Joint?
jrw 07:02 PM 11-14-2008
Palermo's in (east) Hollywood, CA. Owned by an immigrant Sicilian family, 30 years in business and I've been a customer for 29 of those years, has grown from 6 tables to 30 with a full bar, always a wait for a table. Ask for Tony--what a stereotypical Italian name, but I suppose he could have been named (super) Mario. :-) He has two walls of then-unknown celebrity headshots, some of whom now are famous, but they all claim to like the pizza. :-)
[Reply]
Delta-Wye 07:13 PM 11-14-2008
http://casabiancapizza.com/
[Reply]
MWiltse 02:11 PM 11-15-2008
Still looking for the "best", but a few from memory that were always good.
DiGennaro's - Reno, NV (sold to a family that switched over to a mexican restaurant....then closed.) :-)
Blondie's in Berkeley. :-)
Up here in the PNW, there are a few places that do O.K.(The Rock, Pagliacci, NEO,) but still haven't found one that I'd rate higher than a 6 on a 1-10 scale.
[Reply]
JaVeCa 09:52 PM 11-15-2008
There's a little place here in Amarillo that used to be called Basil Docs (now 575 Pizzeria). Great pies and salads.

http://www.basildocspizzeria.com/index.htm
[Reply]
MadAl 12:55 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by md4958:
only ONE???

There are too many...
Zuppardi's in West Haven, CT
Patsy's Pizza in East Longmeadow, MA
Joe's Pizza in Northampton, MA
College Pizza in Enfield, CT

the list goes on and on...
Ever been to Modern Pizza in New Haven, Roseland in Ansonia, or Rosies in Stratford?

My all-time favorite from my youth was DeNito's in Bridgeport. Can't touch it.

Santarpio's in East Boston, and Pizzaria Regina in the North End will do though.
[Reply]
PinkPistol86 09:08 PM 02-19-2009
Pizza Joint in Aiken SC

Ferrandos in Aiken SC
[Reply]
PinkPistol86 09:09 PM 02-19-2009
Giordanos in Chicago
[Reply]
PinkPistol86 09:10 PM 02-19-2009
Hungry Howies in MI
[Reply]
PinkPistol86 09:10 PM 02-19-2009
And Last but not least, Pizza is always best in Italy.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:47 AM 02-20-2009
Pizza Salad because it's gluten free. :-)

http://pizzasalad.com/

Otherwise, it would be a New York Style pizza joint with greasy pizza. :-)
[Reply]
TheJ 12:08 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by kwoody:
Papa Johns
Then Dominos for their thin crust
I've regularly ordered delivery from those two, but favorite pizza joint? I don't think either one has a dining area.

In Houston my favorites are:
Pizza Roma on Diary Ashford. (closed)
Barry's Pizza on Richmond. Best Sicilian now that Pizza Roma is closed.
Star Pizza. Very good, not great pizza, but a great pizza joint. atmosphere.

For a franchise pizza joint I think Russo's New York Pizzeria is awesome. You can't beat the XL 28" for parties.

Originally Posted by kgraybill:
Mellow Mushroom. Eveything they have is great but the gourmet white is effin awesome.

http://www.mellowmushroom.com/
There was one of these on Panama City Beach for two years and I never made it in. Always meant to, but you know how that goes. One day I'll try the one in Destin.

Recently a Red Elephant Pizza opened in town. Two thumbs up.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:37 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by MadAl:
Santarpio's in East Boston, and Pizzaria Regina in the North End will do though.
Have you tried Prestos or Pinos in Cleveland Circle, Brighton?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:49 PM 02-20-2009
The Italian Village in chicago
Black Bears in Minoaqua WI
[Reply]
potlimit 01:43 PM 02-20-2009
I'm not one for bougie pizza, but 2 weeks ago I was in LA for work and a friend of mine took me to Pizzeria Mozza (the little brother of Osteria Mozza). I have to say, it was tremendous. The crust was absolute perfection, a shade before burnt with a softer inside. This actually brings me to a good point: most people claim that the difference between east and west coast pizza is the crust. I beg to differ, as I've had equally good crust on both coasts... no, I believe it's the sauce. Sauce on the east coast tends to be a bit sweeter, with less of a marinara flavor to it. Anyhow, back from tangentia, for dessert we had a "butterscotch budino" that was like a little butterscotch pudding. They prepared this salty, as well as sweet, and it was unbelievable. I would highly recommend this place, but with one caveat: make reservations... they open at 12pm, we got there at 11:30 thinking that would be safe for a walk-in, and it was, just barely.

Schuyler

PS. Best pizza in NY, Ciro's on beach 116 in Rockaway imo.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 10:05 AM 02-28-2009
Pazzos in Lexington, KY! Huge amount of beers on tap too. Drunky drunky time!
[Reply]
icehog3 02:58 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by PinkPistol86:
Giordanos in Chicago
Best Chicago style pizza around! :-)

Best crust: Slice of Chicago, Palatine IL

Best Thin: Papa's Pizza, Roselle, IL

Best Stuffed: Eduardos Pizza, Wheeling, IL
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Up