Corn
Cheese
Lettuce
Sour Cream
Hot salsa
Guac
[Reply]
physiognomy 11:18 PM 01-10-2009
Chipotle is a staple for me... It is an odd week that I don't call by at least once for a burrito (usually barbacoa or carnitas). The original store is within walking distance from my place.

[Reply]
ToddziLLa 09:55 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by bazookajoe:
Doh... I've been eating at Chipotle for 4 years and never thought of splitting up the meat.:-)

Now, what to do until they open...
Yup!!! I've even been in line and when I say that the person behind me says "No way! I've never thought of that before!"

They do it, and the 1/2 steak 1/2 barbacoa is the best combo IMO. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 10:18 AM 01-11-2009
Never heard of it... Do they really have barbacoa??? If so is it the real deal cow's hear with the brain, tongue, and eyeballs?
[Reply]
acruce 10:47 AM 01-11-2009
I see them all the time but have never tried one.
[Reply]
acruce 10:51 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Never heard of it... Do they really have barbacoa??? If so is it the real deal cow's hear with the brain, tongue, and eyeballs?
I doubt it.
[Reply]
ToddziLLa 07:45 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
"Spicy shredded beef" as the menu says.
[Reply]
Deucer 07:53 PM 01-11-2009
Soft tacos, 1 steak 1 chicken 1 barbacoa.

With fajita veggies, black beans, corn salsa and cheese. Throw a bit of chipotle Tabasco on top.

Damn good.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:55 PM 01-11-2009
Never heard of or seen Chipotle before, google it, and low and behold there's six around me. Know what i'm trying for lunch tomorrow :-)
[Reply]
rack04 07:59 PM 01-11-2009
You haven't had a "burrito" until you've tried Freebirds. Sorry I think this is limited to Texas.

http://www.freebirds.com/
[Reply]
ToddziLLa 08:39 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Never heard of or seen Chipotle before, google it, and low and behold there's six around me. Know what i'm trying for lunch tomorrow :-)
My purpose in life is fulfilled. :-)

I like to compare it to a "Mexican Subway." You go in a line, and if it looks good...add it!
[Reply]
ucla695 09:57 AM 01-12-2009
I’ve never been, but I am a Mexican Food fan. It’s like a food group for me. Based on the all of the feedback here, I’m going to check it out. I'm always up for another place in the rotation.
[Reply]
Diesel Kinevel 10:12 PM 01-15-2009
I can eat chipotle every day of my life and not get tired of it.

Burrito:

Barbacoa
Lettuce
Cheese
Tomato
Corn
Extra Smoked Tobasco
[Reply]
Rock Star 10:28 PM 01-15-2009
i cant lose weight if i go there..LoL
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 05:30 AM 01-16-2009
At this point I'm done with the Burritos, lunch time spills on dress clothes sucks!

Burrito Bowl
Carnitas
Rice
Black Bean
Cheese
Sour Cream
No Salsa (I substitute for the Tabasco Chipotle sauce)

Mr. Pibb (for some reason just taste right with this)

Follow it off with.......something from the Monte line? Especial? Edmundo? #2?

mmmmmmm.......I need breakfast.......
[Reply]
doctorcue 01:59 PM 01-16-2009
For those that haven't been there; Chipotle is a great Americanized taqueria. I want to make the difference as you can't get enchiladas there or stuff like that. What they do make is EXCELLENT burritos, tacos, & burrito-bowls (think taco salad without shell).

What I love is that everything is fresh. You can usually see the cooks grilling up chicken or steak. Most all of the ingredients are fresh. So you always get a great meal.

Personally, either the carnitas (:-)) or the chicken does it for me. My wife usually eats there once a week. Me, I try not to burn it out as I can eat there frequently.

Damn, might have to go there tonight!!
[Reply]
GKitty 12:08 PM 01-30-2009
Having a burrito bol for lunch today!!

Have you all heard about National Chipotle Day?

It's a FaceBook phenomena (not sponsored by Chipotle) where everyone goes on the same day to express our love and appreciation of Chipotle. This year it's on June 1st. Last year there were 142,000 that participated. Mark your calendars.
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:22 PM 01-30-2009
Their Burritos are the size of icehogs arms.

I have yet to eat a whole one.
[Reply]
JPH 12:29 PM 01-30-2009
Burrito
rice
Black beans (once you go black...)
Barbacoa
tomatoes
hot sauce
sour cream
cheese

booya.... mmm mmm good
[Reply]
TheJ 05:51 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by rack04:
You haven't had a "burrito" until you've tried Freebirds. Sorry I think this is limited to Texas.

http://www.freebirds.com/
I was fixin' to add them to the list. My ex-girlfriend was an Aggie. I believe the original is in College Station, TX. When she found out they were opening one up on Sheppard, in Houston, years ago we had to make the 45 minute drive from Sugar Land. I can't say which is my favorite burrito joint, but Freebirds is tied with the Mission Burrito on W. Alabama, again in Houston, for 1st.

I can't agree with most of you guys. Chipotle has to be my least favorite place as far as burritos go. I place the blame squarely on the rice. Perhaps a more traditional tomato based riced would be better? Their tacos are good.

I had my first Qdoba out here in Florida. A little better than Chipotle. The only place around now is Moe's. Moe's fits right in the middle of the good and bad. Still, I pick it up once or twice a week.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up