Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Who grills in sub-freezing weather?!
dccraft 11:28 AM 12-30-2008
Damn Snow!!! Ok I feel better now.
Gettin' ready for our big New Year's Eve grill-out so I have to do a little work to get things ready. I took this last week before our big thaw we had over the weekend. What we won't do for a cookout :-)

[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:22 PM 01-27-2009
I grilled some fresh Mahi Mahi with a Hoisen , ginger , garlic and mirin marinade a couple weeks ago when it was 18 degrees fahrenheit . Oh yeah and grilled some Asparagus too .
[Reply]
FEAR 06:59 PM 01-27-2009
I just purchased a ceramic grill a PRIMO to be exact back in early June. So far every weekend I've been grilling. 18* and I'm out there 0* I was in and out but by far the best grill/smoker I've owned. Cigar, wine, grill and the GF inside. What could be better.:-)
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 11:17 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by webjunkie:
I wondered that as well, but perhaps more perplexing: if it's sub-freezing temps, why did he put ice in his drink?
Very sharp eyes there, webjunkie! Maybe the ice formed after he went outside :-)

I have a neighbor here in Seoul who I get togehter with on New Year's Day and have a cookout for usually about 20 people, and the temp is at or below freezing. It's a good time though. No need to ice the beer!
[Reply]
SirMoby 07:06 PM 03-03-2009
I lived in Minneapolis for a few years and grilled all year round. Sub Zero a few times.

I tried smoking a turkey once but that failed miserably. I could get the smoker above 80 degrees.
[Reply]
Punchlover 09:44 AM 03-28-2009
it's never the wrong weather to grilL!
[Reply]
Prospector 10:16 AM 03-28-2009
I grill year round - usually once or twice a week. It's no big deal now that I live in Arizona, but back in Connecticut it could be challenging during those blizzards. When it was raining I would just pull the grill up to the back door of the garage under the overhang. Stayed nice and dry in the garage with the grill safely outside (sort of). :-)
[Reply]
jwintosh 10:44 AM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
I do, but sub-freezing around here is the upper 50's/low 60's. Good thing you were able to enjoy a smoke while you did it!!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up