Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Good Eats>Who grills in sub-freezing weather?!
replicant_argent 06:12 PM 12-07-2008
Aw, come on, Jimmy... I see the heated escape hatch to the house open, and you can graduate to sub-zero :-) temps with your shorts training regimen... Style points given, bro.
[Reply]
perogee 07:05 PM 12-07-2008
Hell, it is what I do for a living :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:40 PM 12-07-2008
What a silly question. If you have steak or ribs, they go on the grill. Burgers do not get cooked anywhere except on the grill, same thing with bratwurst. Firing up the grill means you have something to keep you warm. Besides, to not grill out in sub-freezing weather would mean I don't grill from Dec - Mar. What a waste that would be.
[Reply]
Cigary 07:54 PM 12-07-2008
Weather doesn't stop me from grilling,,,have been doing it for 40 years and Im not going to let snow or cold stop me now.
[Reply]
Drat 08:06 PM 12-07-2008
So I put a huge briskett on the smoker last night at midnight and loaded it with applewood logs. Mind you I live in Brooklyn. At 430am, I was woken up by my sick 3 year old. After getting him back to sleep, I noticed flashlights hitting my back door. I stuck my head out and saw a head with a fireman's hat poking up over the back fence. I yelled at him that the smoke he was looking for was from my smoker. After a little sleepy back and forth, he called out to his fellow firefighters that it was a backyard cooker. A few seconds later, after he was out of sight, I heard him saying this to the radio in a strong brooklyn accent: "That's a negative dispatch, it's an outside cooker, he's cooking meat". What a great dinner though...
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 12:37 AM 12-08-2008
I'll do up some steaks or burgers.

But I'm normally drunk if it's that cold lol.

We have our grill hard wired to our gas line, it's freaking baller. It was hard to find a grill with NG fittings but ever so worth it.
[Reply]
webjunkie 01:27 AM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
:-)

I grill all year long, but what's with the shorts? :-)
I wondered that as well, but perhaps more perplexing: if it's sub-freezing temps, why did he put ice in his drink?
[Reply]
kayaker 04:25 AM 12-08-2008
All winter long :-).

Even when I have to use a shovel to get to it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:17 AM 12-08-2008
Actually, I think I grill more often in the winter.

I do a lot of meat "cold smoking" in the winter too, as it is futile to try during warmer months in a barrell smoker.
[Reply]
:eevis 05:07 PM 12-08-2008
Looking forward to smokin' up some pork butt next week for our offices "non-denominational holiday season party" or the ChristmaHannaKwanzica party :-)
Ought to be nice and toasty in Upstate NY. Just gotta find a good smoke for then, maybe i will explore the Humi. It's been a while since I have enjoyed a smoke!
[Reply]
macpappy 11:37 AM 12-09-2008
All winter long. Even when it falls waaaaaay down into the 30s.

Does grilling through a hurricane count?
[Reply]
Scottw 11:55 AM 12-09-2008
I BBQ in the winter and am doing one on Christmas Eve.
[Reply]
gvarsity 06:52 PM 12-09-2008
I'll grill all year round. It gets pretty cold around here.
[Reply]
stevefrench 02:12 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by Doogie:
i grill all year around
Me too! :-)
[Reply]
BHowe 07:32 PM 12-14-2008
This is my first winter with the Weber gasser and probably use it 2-3 times a week rain permitting.

Once I'm in a place with a covered patio the grill will be fair game regardless of temperature.

I probably feel as strongly about grilling as I do cigars. I'm the proud owner of a Weber genisis (propane), a Weber kettle, and a Big Green Egg. I may also buy a Weber smokey mountain at some point.

I'm sick.
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:24 PM 12-14-2008
Tonight I tried something a little different...I grilled in my woodstove. I picked up a small grill grate and laid it on a couple bricks in there. Those T-bones were delicious. I think I'm going to start a new fad.
[Reply]
dccraft 08:13 AM 12-18-2008
We grill all year long. Maybe just a little less in the winter. Have a tradition on new Year's Eve of doing some steaks on the grill.

Just shoveled out a path to the gas grill. Maybe I should throw a few burgers on tonight.:-)
[Reply]
Ken 07:32 AM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Even when I have to use a shovel to get to it.
:-)

The postman have nothing on a hungry man and his grill. :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:34 AM 12-30-2008
New Years tradition is Steaks & Shrimp on the grill.
Looks like the weather will cooperate to make it a sub-freezing cook-out this year!
[Reply]
acruce 10:10 AM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
wearing shorts as well, in sub-freezing weather. You my friend, are crazy.
Kinda of what I was thinking...:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up