Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Good Eats>BBQ... The real thing
cle_smoker 08:17 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by giono2:
I have done briskets on my WSM for the past two weekends. I'm just getting into it, bur it has been a blast so far. People are amazed (and so am I) by what I can put out. It's also a great excuse to stand around and have a smoke.
WSM user as well. You will be surprised at the quantity and quality of BBQ you can produce now.

cle_smoker
[Reply]
goalie204 08:24 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by Gone Dave:
[color="Blue"]No thats not possible... Not Atlanta for the best Que...
just like cigars, taste is a matter of preference and is subjective, no one is wrong.
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 08:28 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
just like cigars, taste is a matter of preference and is subjective, no one is wrong.
Ahh, but the arguments will always be waged. Everyone has their favorite.. I know I do.

Anyhow, one thing that can't be disputed about bbq is that it must be done low and slow. No exceptions.
[Reply]
Yazzie 08:39 PM 03-01-2009
Texas BBQ doesn't suck either......
[Reply]
goalie204 08:41 PM 03-01-2009
I have had bbq in my city of winnipeg manitoba canada and they claim its "kansas and tennesse -Style-" and it was pretty good, but i'm sure it's nothing like the real thing.

Only "real" bbq i feel i've had was in texas, and it was pretty darn tasty, but I won't rest until I've had KC and some others :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 08:48 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by cle_smoker:
Cleveland BBQ isn't half bad either. :-)

cle_smoker
It looks a little well done. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:48 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
I have had bbq in my city of winnipeg manitoba canada and they claim its "kansas and tennesse -Style-" and it was pretty good, but i'm sure it's nothing like the real thing.

Only "real" bbq i feel i've had was in texas, and it was pretty darn tasty, but I won't rest until I've had KC and some others :-)
Big difference between KC and Texas BBQ....I love 'em both! :-)
[Reply]
cle_smoker 08:56 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
It looks a little well done. :-)
If you are talking about the outside, that's the way you want it. Those crispy bits have a ton of flavor. If you are talking about the inner part of the meat, you don't want to eat a brisket medium rare. That first bite would take you 10 minutes to chew through.

cle_smoker
[Reply]
Darrell 08:57 PM 03-01-2009
If you are talking about the outside, that's the way you want it. Those crispy bits have a ton of flavor. If you are talking about the inner part of the meat, you don't want to eat a brisket medium rare. That first bite would take you 10 minutes to chew through.

cle_smoker
The outside is perfect, looks :-).

The inside could use a touch of red, but I agree definitely not med rare for brisket.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:05 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by Gone Dave:
No thats not possible... Not Atlanta for the best Que... Skanky Ho's, yes.. BBQ.. Dont believe it.. I am a transplanted Txn, and I have chowed down in St.Louis, Tennessee, and of course Texas, but lets not even forget Carolina style...
Damn I love cooked meat!!
:-):-):-)
I have lived here in and around Atlanta my whole life and there is nothing but sweet Georgia Peaches, all the ho's are transplants.

As far as bbq I am a fan of almost all styles myself. The best, imho, coming out of Eastern NC, KC, and Memphis. Recently though in Atlanta (actually Marietta) a new bbq resturant called Sam and Dave's opened that really is some of the finest pulled pork I have ever eaten.
[Reply]
cle_smoker 09:06 PM 03-01-2009
I will admit that was my first one, and I went a little light on the smoke. The last one I cooked back in the fall had a good 1/4" ring and topped this one by far. But it didn't sit around long enough for pics. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:13 PM 03-01-2009
Cleveland BBQ isn't half bad either. :-)
Got to sample some Cleveland BBQ last summer, and it was pretty fuggin' good too. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:15 PM 03-01-2009
Let's be honest. Does any city/states BBQ suck? I mean SPECIFIC people might make some bad BBQ themselves, but for the most part ALL BBQ is awesome. :-)
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 09:21 PM 03-01-2009
Let's be honest. Does any city/states BBQ suck? I mean SPECIFIC people might make some bad BBQ themselves, but for the most part ALL BBQ is awesome. :-)
BBQ is awesome. But I've got to represent my hometown stripes. KC is often referred to as the bbq capital of the world, and for good reason... I love me some good bbq. Kansas city wouldn't be nearly as exciting without all the awesome joints we have here.

I can't say which region sports the best Q, but KC serves up some pretty good stuff.
[Reply]
cle_smoker 09:24 PM 03-01-2009
Hear hear!
[Reply]
Gone Dave 09:54 PM 03-01-2009
:-):-) the only thing that sucks is the afore mentioned skanky's:-)
[Reply]
JaKaacH 10:29 PM 03-01-2009
YUM YUM KC BBQ
Rosedale is my FAV :-)
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/BBQ.html
[Reply]
jquirit 11:02 PM 03-01-2009
Oregon BBQ ain't half-bad either. :-)

It looks dry, but it ain't. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:38 AM 03-02-2009
Texas all the way for me!