Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Aficionado Wine Cooler
Eleven 11:32 AM 10-20-2009
Found this at a consignment shop, it looks like 1 rack is missing. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to ask if it works, but I did noticed most other things there were tested before being put on the floor.

Anyone ever use one of these? how does the 75 dollar price tag look? Any input on this thing would be great!

[Reply]
bobarian 11:48 AM 10-20-2009
If it holds Rh you will be fine. Looks like a good deal. :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 12:00 PM 10-20-2009
I have one like it I think. It is dual temped right?
I can't see the pic that good on my cell. I took the racks out the bottom and use that area for my cigars. I put tape over the vents on the back and it holds rh great with 1/2 lb of beads.I recharge the beads about ever 2 weeks or so. I haven't had a problem out of it yet.

I have had it for about 7 months now. If you are looking to find a rack for the one that is missing let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:14 PM 10-20-2009
Is it thermo electric cooled?
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 12:53 PM 10-20-2009
Had one, it ran for 7 months then made noises, unplugged it and now it is a non-thermo electric cooler/humi....
[Reply]
Eleven 01:44 PM 10-20-2009
I'm back that way on Monday, I will stop back in and get more info, have them plug it in etc etc.

So if that sucker works, 75 bucks is an ok price? It will of course be a future humidor, no hurry on it, I will get in on one of Chucks Drawer deals to finish it out later on down the road.

I just saw it and got all tingly inside, just wanted to make sure the price was ok :-)
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 02:08 PM 10-20-2009
I think I paid around 100 brand new at target last year....?
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:29 PM 10-20-2009
Eleven, I have that EXACT same one. I picked it up at Goodwill for $50. It is definitely worth what their asking IMO. Holds rH just fine. The only problem is that the top has a max temp of around 56F. Mine ran constantly until I put one of the Johnson's Controls External Thermostats on it. Now it works great.
[Reply]
Up