Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Good Eats>BBQ... The real thing
cle_smoker 01:17 PM 03-18-2009
I'd like to know that as well. I've seen a video of smoked bologna with BBQ sauce in the middle, but never with peppers, garlic, and butter.
[Reply]
Cigary 03:23 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
:-)

Their pulled pork is great, some of the best I've had

Sam and Dave's 2 is on Whitlock Ave. (GA 120) just about a mile or two west of the Marietta Square. Coming in from Dallas you would just head east on 120 then after you cross over the East/West Connector and drive another few miles its in a shopping center on your left. There is a Waffle House in the parking lot.

Albert,thanks for the hookup,,,will try these guys in the coming week. More information on testicle donation to follow.:-)
[Reply]
marge796 03:49 PM 03-18-2009
The Salt lick outside of Austin TX is the best I've have ever had hands down good. :-)

[Reply]
awsmith4 06:23 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Albert,thanks for the hookup,,,will try these guys in the coming week. More information on testicle donation to follow.:-)
As it turns out I am in no need of extra testicles, but do let me know what you think.

[Reply]
jaycarla 10:40 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by LooseCard:
Details, please.....

Take a full log of Bologna, I think it is a 5lb roll. At each end cut a hole about 1.5" in diameter. You don't want to completely hollow it out, but go at least 6" in on each cut.

I use one whole bulb of garlic, around a cup of sliced peppers, and a half stick of butter.

Split up all of that between the two ends. Now the two pieces that you cut out, slice off enough so that you can put a "cap" back on each end.

Loosely roll in foil, it will expand as it cooks.

Leave a little vent at the top so smoke can get in. At the halfway point, I will seal up the first vent, flip it over and make a good sized vent on that side.

I leave it on the middle shelf or higher. It is pretty much impossible to over-cook, unless you get it too close to your heat source.

6-8 hours later you will have gold. It may sound ridiculous but it is fricking awesome chit. It is rich so most people only have a slice. I cut it into 1" slices. If anyone decides to try it let me know what you think. Everyone that I have had try it thinks it is great.
[Reply]
wshan 10:55 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
my daD who has travelled the world and eaten some bbq several times in kansas, tennesse, texas said the best he's had was in atlanta, but i just wnat to try them all, bbq makes me weak in the knees :X
Where in ATL? I've been searching forever to find a good bbq place here so a recommendation would be appreciated! Tried a few places I found on citysearch and they all were mediocre at best.

There was this place in tampa...pink cinderblock building with a big ass picture of a pig in overalls and a quote bubble over it's head that reads "we be smokin'" ...best damn bbq ever. They run out of stuff if you go too late.
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:02 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by wshan:
Where in ATL? I've been searching forever to find a good bbq place here so a recommendation would be appreciated! Tried a few places I found on citysearch and they all were mediocre at best.

There was this place in tampa...pink cinderblock building with a big ass picture of a pig in overalls and a quote bubble over it's head that reads "we be smokin'" ...best damn bbq ever. They run out of stuff if you go too late.
http://www.lostmountainbbq.com/
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:41 PM 03-22-2009
one of my first jobs was at champion BBQ in Lagrange ky. The pay was crap but the food was amazing. I eat BBQ when ever I see a new shop. My fav is Pierces in Williamsburg va. As far as smokin goes I don't see it mentioned here but I used some oak with a beef brisket a while back and it came out great. The ribs not so much I learned that meat can turn into jerky if smoked to much.
[Reply]
LooseCard 03:20 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
As far as smokin goes I don't see it mentioned here but I used some oak with a beef brisket a while back and it came out great. The ribs not so much

I learned that meat can turn into jerky if smoked to much.
Oak is popular in northern areas. I like it, but haven't actually used it.
[Reply]
wshan 08:19 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
http://www.lostmountainbbq.com/
I think I'll try to go this weekend...you want to go grab some food? BBQ is such great hang over food...
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:09 PM 03-25-2009
Here is the real deal...

[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 11:10 PM 03-25-2009
That's pretty tasty lookin'
[Reply]
cle_smoker 06:12 AM 03-26-2009
That looks damn tasty. I can't wait for it to warm up and stay warm. My WSM has been calling my name all winter long.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:26 AM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Here is the real deal...

Joe, one thing that I enjoy that seems to be exclusive to Eastern NC is the yellow mustard slaw. Almost all of my relatives are located about an hour East of Raleigh and every time I visit I cannot stay away from the BBQ sandwiches and mustard slaw. And when you mix the Q and the slaw and throw it on the bun, well that might be the best sandwich ever.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:27 AM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by wshan:
I think I'll try to go this weekend...you want to go grab some food? BBQ is such great hang over food...
Just give me a call. Saturday i should be free around lunchtime
[Reply]
Punchlover 09:32 AM 03-28-2009
bbq is the best food in the world
[Reply]
688sonarmen 09:35 AM 03-28-2009
Im still looking for a church that gives pulled pork at communion instead of those crackers:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up