Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Sunday dinner
macpappy 02:56 PM 02-22-2009
It's Sunday and the sun is shining. Some of the family is coming over for dinner.

I have three pounds of top sirloin, seasoned with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and fresh minced garlic wrapped in foil and resting.

I have just peeled and deveined 2 lbs of Louisiana caught shrimp. The are marinating with a variety of seasonings, a splash of Louisiana hot sauce, fresh crushed garlic, two sweet onions (peeled and sliced), two sliced green bell peppers, 12 whole mushrooms, a little olive oil and about 1/4 cup of white wine and a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice.

By the way, there were a total of 26 shrimp in the 2 lbs.
[Reply]
boonedoggle 03:34 PM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
It's Sunday and the sun is shining. Some of the family is coming over for dinner.

I have three pounds of top sirloin, seasoned with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and fresh minced garlic wrapped in foil and resting.

I have just peeled and deveined 2 lbs of Louisiana caught shrimp. The are marinating with a variety of seasonings, a splash of Louisiana hot sauce, fresh crushed garlic, two sweet onions (peeled and sliced), two sliced green bell peppers, 12 whole mushrooms, a little olive oil and about 1/4 cup of white wine and a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice.

By the way, there were a total of 26 shrimp in the 2 lbs.
That's some good prep, but how you gonna COOK it? Also, please save me a place at the table.:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 03:50 PM 02-22-2009
Sound great! How are you putting it together?
[Reply]
macpappy 04:56 PM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by boonedoggle:
That's some good prep, but how you gonna COOK it? Also, please save me a place at the table.:-)
On the grill Jimmy. That's the only way.
[Reply]
ucla695 04:59 PM 02-22-2009
That sounds like a good way to wind down the weekend. What time's dinner?
[Reply]
hotreds 05:01 PM 02-22-2009
The thing that sounded best to me was the sunshine! Jeez, I can't begin to imagine how kkkkold it would be WITHOUT globaloney warming!
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:43 PM 02-22-2009
[Reply]
Up