Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Any words on Ashton humidors?
TonyAngels 08:22 PM 07-17-2011
Anyone know about them, have them, can comment on them good or bad?
[Reply]
thebayratt 09:36 PM 07-17-2011
Chances are they aren't made by Ashton.
More than likely an importer company. I'd rather buy a "non name brand" quality built humidor and save the cash on cigars.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 09:54 PM 07-17-2011
Ashton is a phenomenal quality humidor but ridiculously over priced! When you can get a custom humidor from a guy like humidor minister or whoever for less than a price of an ashton humidor there's a problem! Diamond Crown is another nice high end option that's significantly cheaper (but still very expensive)!
[Reply]
T.G 10:06 PM 07-17-2011
According to Ashton, they are made by Manning of Ireland, who has been making humidors since 1887.

High quality pieces no doubt, but at a starting price of $600 to $800 for a 12 x 9 x 5 ish humidor and at least a grand or more for a 17 x 12 x 7, I'd be talking to Ed over at Waxing Moon and be having an equal or better quality custom humidor built in the size I want, out of the woods I want, with the extras I want, and probably for less money.

You can see Ed's work here

:-)
[Reply]
Average Joe 10:54 PM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
According to Ashton, they are made by Manning of Ireland, who has been making humidors since 1887.

High quality pieces no doubt, but at a starting price of $600 to $800 for a 12 x 9 x 5 ish humidor and at least a grand or more for a 17 x 12 x 7, I'd be talking to Ed over at Waxing Moon and be having an equal or better quality custom humidor built in the size I want, out of the woods I want, with the extras I want, and probably for less money.

You can see Ed's work here

:-)
Agreed. Talk to Ed. Judging by his work he can build pretty much any humidor configuration.
[Reply]
Up