Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 66 of 78
« First < 1656646566 676876 > Last »
Sports>Official MMA Thread
Steelergar 11:21 PM 04-10-2010
Anderson Silva school of martial arts: How to cut weight and run around the ring.
[Reply]
Tw3nty 10:20 PM 04-11-2010
Was Anderson Silva as bad as the press are representing him or is it over-hyped. did not see the whole fight. What do you guys think?
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:02 AM 04-12-2010
He sang, he danced, he played games.

I thought the BJ Penn fight should have went the other way.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 02:10 PM 04-12-2010
Yeah, he really made me think less of him. I was proud of Demian for taking those swings late in the fight. He tagged him pretty good a couple times.
[Reply]
goalie204 02:47 PM 04-12-2010
pretty bad UFC. Silva should be fired. Running around like that, it's b.s. he is NOT a good champion.
[Reply]
yachties23 06:49 PM 04-12-2010
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
He sang, he danced, he played games.

I thought the BJ Penn fight should have went the other way.

BJ did absolutely nothing to win that fight. Every round was close, but Edgar outworked him in every round, got the two takedowns, and BJs face took the brunt of the damage.

Had Penn listened to his corner between rounds 2 and 3 and tried to take Edgar down, I think he could have easily won the fight. Standing and boxing was a poor choice on his part.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:07 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by yachties23:
BJ did absolutely nothing to win that fight. Every round was close, but Edgar outworked him in every round, got the two takedowns, and BJs face took the brunt of the damage.

Had Penn listened to his corner between rounds 2 and 3 and tried to take Edgar down, I think he could have easily won the fight. Standing and boxing was a poor choice on his part.
I saw the fight as a draw on the whole, but round by round I guess you would have to give Edgar 3 of them. However for one of the judges to have scored it 50-45 is laugh-out-loud foolish. Penn clearly landed more strikes in the first and possibly second rounds. I'm a huge Penn fan but you are correct, he didn't correctly adjust his gameplan.

Have you guys seen the lines for the Strikeforce event? Mayhem Miller's at -2000. Two THOUSAND!
[Reply]
yachties23 05:38 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
I saw the fight as a draw on the whole, but round by round I guess you would have to give Edgar 3 of them. However for one of the judges to have scored it 50-45 is laugh-out-loud foolish. Penn clearly landed more strikes in the first and possibly second rounds. I'm a huge Penn fan but you are correct, he didn't correctly adjust his gameplan.

Have you guys seen the lines for the Strikeforce event? Mayhem Miller's at -2000. Two THOUSAND!
Watch the first round again and take a look at BJs face. BJ clearly did less damage in that round. I agree 50-45 was a bad scoring of the fight, but I could easily give 4 rounds to Edgar. Penn gassed, and thats why he didn't take the fight to the ground. I was really upset when he didn't defend his lightweight title for over 18 months. He had one defense against Sherk after beating Joe Daddy, and than no lightweight contender saw a title shot until Florian.
[Reply]
Steelergar 07:53 AM 04-16-2010
Holy Strikeforce I'm getting excited. I only see three events for the main event but all three should be a war.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 09:59 AM 04-16-2010
Nothing against Jake Shields but I hope we see another Hendo crow-hop right.
[Reply]
Steelergar 12:52 AM 04-18-2010
You guys think King Mo won that fight?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:42 PM 04-18-2010
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
Yes. He took him down repeatedly and controlled the pace of the fight. He took a lot of damage but he dictated the fight, got the takedowns and landed some decent shots, in my opinion, thats enough to win. :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 03:26 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Yes. He took him down repeatedly and controlled the pace of the fight. He took a lot of damage but he dictated the fight, got the takedowns and landed some decent shots, in my opinion, thats enough to win. :-)

I agree that according to the american scoring system Mo won that fight. I was screaming at Mousasi to get up and work his boxing. But if there were no belts or purses on the line, which one of those guys would you rather have been at the end of the night? Mo looked like living death after the brawl...

I don't know if I have any bright suggestions for how to deal with that type of a situation, just hate seeing that sort of victory.
[Reply]
Steelergar 04:55 PM 04-19-2010
Yeah King Mo looked like a mutant from total recall after that fight. I guess I don't like the american scoring system. If you can't pass the guard or seriously damage someone who wants to fight from their back. What advantage do they have? Someone told me these guys are having a rematch in DREAM. I'd put my money on Mousasi.
[Reply]
J0eybb 05:15 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
Yes, He looked like crap, but he won taht fightm under any rules, other than the ugliest Mf'r rules.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:26 AM 04-20-2010
crappy card, hopefully ufc on saturday sucks less
[Reply]
white_s2k 04:09 PM 04-23-2010
Looking forward to the WEC card on Saturday. Henderson vs. Cerrone should be a great fight. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 07:41 AM 04-25-2010
ben henderson owned the cowboy, not a bad card.
[Reply]
goalie204 03:53 PM 05-09-2010
good ufc last night. Daley fired for his sucker punch, and dana says kimbo is 'probably' out also. peaced.
[Reply]
Steelergar 08:10 AM 05-11-2010
The Strikeforce event on Saturday has alot of potential, I can't wait to see Roger Gracie. I just saw the DREAM May 29th show has some great matchups also with Nick Diaz vs Sakurai and Ralek Gracie vs the gracie hunter. As well as some good featherweight fights. Oh Yeah great fight Shogun!
[Reply]
Page 66 of 78
« First < 1656646566 676876 > Last »
Up