Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Building a Smoke Shack
Pipe&Cigar 03:29 PM 11-03-2008
To make a long story short... Marriage Separation (Yr. ago), I moved out of the house into our Duplex, Weather is f-ing cold, no where for me to hide from the elements and smoke at the new place. Sooooo I have decided to build me a heated Smoke Shack.

I poured the concrete pad (13' x 20') last week, the Shack will be 12' x 14'.
I put the floor down today!
Unfortunately a large percentage of the Shack will be used for Storage but I plan on keeping a corner open for my big comfy chair, TV, Refrigerator & Dart Board. I will do my best to get some photos up as progress is made on the project.
[Reply]
Darrell 03:31 PM 11-03-2008
Very cool, man. Congrats! :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 03:46 PM 11-03-2008
I was actually talking with Chippewastud79 today about doing one of these at my house when I buy it this summer, ironically, almost this exact size. If you don't mind, could you include your list of supplies and their cost as you proceed so I can have an idea on what this is going to run. Did you have a budget for this?

I'm looking at doing the same size, ,then put up the boards, then insulation, then either sheet rock or wood panneling with a ventilation fan in the ceiling. Once it's all put together, I was going to put in a imitation wood drop in floor and have the electric company run the lines for 2-4 outlets and the cable company run wires for the TV. Finally put in a leather couch, custom cigar band table, leather chair and the TV. Are you putting any windows in this? I'm hoping a basic bathroom fan will work and will use an ionizer for about $300 to clear the room during the overnight.

Looking forward to how this comes along!
[Reply]
dunng 04:09 PM 11-03-2008
Can't wait to see how this progresses! :-)
[Reply]
duckmanco 04:32 PM 11-03-2008
thats awesome, and just last year I told myself that next year, I would have one.....and of course I'm still braving it outside till it gets to be too cold, then I only get to light up in bars that allow it. Nice work so far, def. keep us updated.
[Reply]
Dgar 04:37 PM 11-03-2008
Best of luck, it sounds like a great place to smoke... keep us posted w/pics
[Reply]
acarr 05:02 PM 11-03-2008
From love shack to smoke shack! Sorry to hear about the love shack but I will be watching intently as the smoke shack is built! Keep us posted.
[Reply]
G G 05:03 PM 11-03-2008
Nice, thanks for the pics.:-)
[Reply]
Pipe&Cigar 05:04 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
I was actually talking with Chippewastud79 today about doing one of these at my house when I buy it this summer, ironically, almost this exact size. If you don't mind, could you include your list of supplies and their cost as you proceed so I can have an idea on what this is going to run. Did you have a budget for this?

I'm looking at doing the same size, ,then put up the boards, then insulation, then either sheet rock or wood panneling with a ventilation fan in the ceiling. Once it's all put together, I was going to put in a imitation wood drop in floor and have the electric company run the lines for 2-4 outlets and the cable company run wires for the TV. Finally put in a leather couch, custom cigar band table, leather chair and the TV. Are you putting any windows in this? I'm hoping a basic bathroom fan will work and will use an ionizer for about $300 to clear the room during the overnight.

Looking forward to how this comes along!
I am in the construction business, and I am mainly using excess materials. So getting a cost summary together for you might be difficult. I am not going to insulate it (Seeing that I will only be heating it while I am relaxing) I am putting 2 (3'x2') Windows, a roof vent, Running Elec. and Cable TV. I wish I could do what you are planning and have it completely designated for smoking. This was a spur of the moment thing :-)
[Reply]
Pipe&Cigar 05:05 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by acarr:
From love shack to smoke shack! Sorry to hear about the love shack but I will be watching intently as the smoke shack is built! Keep us posted.
:-) It's all good!
[Reply]
acarr 05:09 PM 11-03-2008
It will be great once the shack is built:-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 07:06 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by Pipe&Cigar:
I am in the construction business, and I am mainly using excess materials. So getting a cost summary together for you might be difficult. I am not going to insulate it (Seeing that I will only be heating it while I am relaxing) I am putting 2 (3'x2') Windows, a roof vent, Running Elec. and Cable TV. I wish I could do what you are planning and have it completely designated for smoking. This was a spur of the moment thing :-)
Gotcha. Well, I will still keep up with this thread and watch your progression and will likely contact you when the time comes to start building mine.
[Reply]
MTB996 07:09 PM 11-03-2008
Sounds like a good project. Keep us posted, as there will be many cold BOTLs jealous this winter.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:15 PM 11-03-2008
If you build it, they will come. :-)

It's great to see something like this progress. I'll keep my eyes out for future updates. Can't wait!!
[Reply]
Pipe&Cigar 03:23 PM 11-05-2008
We got the walls up yesterday and hoping to get the roof (Dried in) Today. Its been Raining and Snowing off and on which makes it miserable, but also keeps me jumping trying to get it done fast!
[Reply]
awsmith4 03:49 PM 11-05-2008
Keep up the good work brother :-)
[Reply]
Celt 03:53 PM 11-05-2008
A man cave!!!
[Reply]
WyGuy 04:08 PM 11-05-2008
Looking good so far...can't wait to see the finished product!
[Reply]
dcamacho 04:18 PM 11-05-2008
awesome! good luck, i cant wait to see it when your done
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:29 PM 11-05-2008
Looks great! What did you use for the walls?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up